• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(question: how is Battery Park 50% Goldman employees and 50% millenials in t-shirts ... I get the former, but what's the deal with the lattter??)
there's a few high schools within the area. My HS was like 2 blocks away from GS.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

he's old though, and that's a way better card to play than whiney but complicated millennial hipster.

I hear Santa Cruz is nice.

My parents got me an early birthday cake this weekend when I saw them. They put "80" on it because, "that's how old you act".

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they know about your internet self?

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great news this morning. On my train there were these two very overweight black women being very loud and animated. They were talking all kinds of **** to each other across the isle. When my stop was about to come up I let out an easy, quiet fart. I was hoping I'd be off the train by the time of the release, but alas all of a sudden I hear "Ahhhhh!!!! Ugh!!!!!! Somebody farted!!!!!! Das nasty!!!! Uggghhhhh!!!!!! Rye befo' da train stop somebody farted!!!!" Then I walk off giggling to myself and as the doors close I hear "It was him!!!!!" Why yes. Yes it was.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
bravo!!!

best part is nobody believes fat people when they say somebody else farted.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the other day that we should all be farting on airplanes. Is healthy, it said.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
the key to airplanes and buses is to use the little vent that fans air above you and aim that thing behind you. Nobody has any clue as to what hit them, and since you're not facing them, you can save face remain the anonymous passenger (Booth's chuckle is what gave him away, remove that and nobody would have any idea who did what).

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I read the other day that we should all be farting on airplanes. Is healthy, it said.

Link to article? I would think with my meat consumption the air would be methane filled and poison everybody.

the key to airplanes and buses is to use the little vent that fans air above you and aim that thing behind you. Nobody has any clue as to what hit them, and since you're not facing them, you can save face remain the anonymous passenger (Booth's chuckle is what gave him away, remove that and nobody would have any idea who did what).

I don't know, only me briskly existing the train is a giveaway. I get off at an uncommon stop on the L.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
my brother would have a field day on the train if LA had a bigger metro system.

same on SF's BART system, but I'm not sure if anybody would really notice there.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I don't know, only me briskly existing the train is a giveaway. I get off at an uncommon stop on the L.

fair point, though I believe that a stone face plus leisurely exit still would have left people mostly clueless. Or even a general face of displeasure.

There's no doubt that you rushed off that train with a **** eating grin, and that is such a giveaway.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
So, this morning, as my train pulls in, these two MTA goons drive their electric flatbed truck right up to the entrance of the north end exit. Keep in mind these exits are already bottlenecks, only two can pass abreast, and with hundreds exiting the train, it's a real clusterfuck every day. With their giant obstacle, they force everyone to thread around and then leave one at a time, single file. When asked if it was necessary to park so close, and right then, they answered "Maintenance, bro."

Right.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Great news this morning. On my train there were these two very overweight black women being very loud and animated. They were talking all kinds of **** to each other across the isle. When my stop was about to come up I let out an easy, quiet fart. I was hoping I'd be off the train by the time of the release, but alas all of a sudden I hear "Ahhhhh!!!! Ugh!!!!!! Somebody farted!!!!!! Das nasty!!!! Uggghhhhh!!!!!! Rye befo' da train stop somebody farted!!!!" Then I walk off giggling to myself and as the doors close I hear "It was him!!!!!" Why yes. Yes it was.

who was the guy again w/ the "epic" flatulence/mass transit posts (among others) that got banned a few years back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads