• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it was the iphone app that george makes that was the plot point for the seinfeld reunion show (a show within a show) during season 7 of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I went out to lunch [in Brooklyn] and there was a vintage typewriter in the bathroom.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would not touch with a ten-foot pole...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
For a couple of years now, I've noticed that the Metro North trains leaving GC always close the doors on time and then move about 50 feet and stop for a while before continuing on. Why? So that they can say they left "on time" of course!

The inbound trains have been chronically late for a long time now. The outbound used to be good but lately this practice has become so common it happens with every train. And while it used to be one or two minutes, these days it's more like 5-10 minutes.

Then, once a month or so they put these brochure/"reports" on all the seats that tallies their on time performance and it's always like Enver Hoxha's percentage of the vote: 97.8%!

Just another petty, pathetic reality of life in 2013 in the Empire of Lies.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
City smells great after that storm.

This is probably in the "doesn't suck" category but has anyone else noticed the Hotel Pennsylvania doorman that looks exactly like Family Guy's Peter Griffin? Ran across him again yesterday. Uncanny resemblance.

lefty

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

City smells great after that storm.

This is probably in the "doesn't suck" category but has anyone else noticed the Hotel Pennsylvania doorman that looks exactly like Family Guy's Peter Griffin? Ran across him again yesterday. Uncanny resemblance.

lefty

I usually cross the street to get into Penn Station before hitting the hotel. Will check it out next time.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It may just be me so please confirm.

And also in the not sucking column:

A Celebration of the Life and Music of Dave Brubeck

dave-brubeck.jpg

Dave Brubeck: December 6, 1920 - December 5, 2012

Saturday, May 11, 4 pm

The Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine

Jazz legend Dave Brubeck will be remembered in song at this free and public event. Performers touched by his legacy will come together to celebrate the life of this legend.

Full Performing Artists List:

• Bill Charlap, piano
  • Chick Corea, piano
  • Darius Brubeck, piano
  • Renee Rosnes, piano
  • John Salmon, piano
  • Andy Laverne, piano
  • Ted Rosenthal, piano
  • Rufus Reid, bass
  • Eugene Wright, bass
  • Chris Brubeck, electric bass, bass trombone
  • Paquito D'Rivera, tenor sax
  • Branford Marsalis, tenor sax
  • Michael Pedicin, Jr., tenor sax
  • Paul Winter, alto sax
  • Randy Brecker, trumpet
  • Jon Faddis, trumpet
  • Roy Hargrove, trumpet
  • Mark Morganelli, flugelhorn
  • Roberta Gambarini, vocals
  • Hilary Kole, vocals
  • Dan Brubeck, drums
  • Matthew Brubeck, cello
  • Deepak Ram, flute
  • The Brubeck Institute Alumni Jazz Quintet

lefty

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i saw a vehicle hit and run earlier in the week. Black cab (IMO the absolute worst drivers) rear ended a yellow cab on an avenue, then turned (almost hit a pedestrian while doing so) and blasted down my street in a bid to get way.

Undercover cop car was a few paces away when he hit happened, and once the douche bag in the black car bolted, they were on it. Props to the NYPD.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice of you to bring that up, another thing that sucks about NY, and probably the one I hate the most... the NYPD

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
there's absolutely no reason to hate or fear the NYPD unless you do stuff that causes the NYPD to pay attention to you.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

there's absolutely no reason to hate or fear the NYPD unless you do stuff that causes the NYPD to pay attention to you.

Yes like committing the crime of walking whilst being black.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
ojfc. Let me guess - you are a street artist, or you like to skateboard and do "sweet tricks" on Houston Street, or you like to "rock" a motorcycle in Manhattan, or you drive a cab, or something stupid like any of the items above.

Edit: so apparently I nailed one of them. Not surprising.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads