• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
so is reading the paper and/or a book while on the train. Cars are awful, stupidly expensive, bad for the environment, frustrating (**** drivers everywhere, traffic), and I say this as an active poster and enthusiast in the Cars thread.

they seem pretty good for taking some awful kids to their obligatory soccer practice, though.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i have my fancy road bike all tuned up and running. where should I go biking? GWB and north is already on my list. Maybe Brooklyn waterfront? West Side highway to Central Park will inevitably happen, just trying to figure out the best way to get from W'Burg to the highway.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
it's the same nonsense with a car. Try getting to downtown LA from just about anywhere on a weekday morning. Try Bethesda to DC. When you're done with the headache of the drive and traffic, now you have to figure out a parking situation, and we all know that is never a problem anywhere. A metro card is what, $2.50? I've spent that on gas while looking for parking before.

it takes me about 30-35 mins. to get from the Williamsburg/Bushwick border to my office downtown at the Hudson river. It would take significantly longer in a car, the gas would cost far more than a card swipe, parking would be $29/day or $450/month ... and oh yeah, I'd have to pay for a car. **** that.

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i have my fancy road bike all tuned up and running. where should I go biking? GWB and north is already on my list. Maybe Brooklyn waterfront? West Side highway to Central Park will inevitably happen, just trying to figure out the best way to get from W'Burg to the highway.

Way back when when I was in shape, the missus and I would start around The Cloisters, bike down Riverside Dr. then down the West Side (they did not have that bike path back them), then through downtown until around Stuyvesant high school. You could do the reverse.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
cool, odds are I'll end up doing that path a bit. The bike path near Stuy is actually really, really nice.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup. If you're nice, theyll frequently give you their personal contact info, and then **** really gets done. They sent a dude out to rewire my whole building the next day once after the folks on the phone told me the next appointment was almost a month out when the first guy totally missed the appointment.

i was impressed at this honesty from the verizon rep. contacted them thru twitter and he gave me a chat link to get directly to him.

Verizon Rep(15:03:01): alright setting that up for you now
Verizon Rep(15:04:06): alright we'll see you tomorrow then - you should also get a text confirmation and email
Verizon Rep(15:04:19): ****
Me(15:04:19): got it. thanks
Verizon Rep(15:04:24): ^that's the ticket number
Verizon Rep(15:04:29): for ref
Verizon Rep(15:04:44): if you have any questions between now and then just chat with us using the same link
Me(15:04:50): ok. thank you
Verizon Rep(15:04:55): don't call in anymore - we're much more competent than the measly phone reps
Me(15:05:03): ha!

it's the only way to deal with large organizations (particularly airlines) these days, most seem to have started putting their best reps on twitter so they can deal with lots of people in short time.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Run over some tourists on the Bk Bridge.....:slayer:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i was impressed at this honesty from the verizon rep. contacted them thru twitter and he gave me a chat link to get directly to him.

Verizon Rep(15:03:01): alright setting that up for you now
Verizon Rep(15:04:06): alright we'll see you tomorrow then - you should also get a text confirmation and email
Verizon Rep(15:04:19): ****
Me(15:04:19): got it. thanks
Verizon Rep(15:04:24): ^that's the ticket number
Verizon Rep(15:04:29): for ref
Verizon Rep(15:04:44): if you have any questions between now and then just chat with us using the same link
Me(15:04:50): ok. thank you
Verizon Rep(15:04:55): don't call in anymore - we're much more competent than the measly phone reps
Me(15:05:03): ha!

[COLOR=FF00AA]it's the only way to deal with large organizations (particularly airlines) these days,[/COLOR] most seem to have started putting their best reps on twitter so they can deal with lots of people in short time.

Because they are afraid that people will put the company on blast!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i ******* hate those Chinese delivery people that use those motorized bicycles on the sidewalks. I just saw one hit a small dog. The guy cut in front of me, and he clearly had no room to make the cut, and the dog, which was walking towards me, paid for it. It wasn't bad, but he ran over its paws and hit the size of its face. The dog yelped, grabbed for its paws, and the guy proceeded to make a "why u walk dog on sidewak!!" gesture with his hand before speeding away. **** that guy.

the dog seemed ok after a few moments.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
he got tied up, trying tomorrow. I've bought from this place before, so I could just email the people I dealt with last time, but I'll still go the mgm route if it brings him business of sorts.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I've wondered about the legality of those bike motors. Can't be legal, can they?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i don't know about the motor part, but riding on the sidewalk is illegal anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads