• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons why New York Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This one in 25 Bond seems like it might do:

Does the master bedroom have two bathrooms? Seems excessive.

The second master bath is the only thing that seems excessive?

Well, it does have his and hers elevators.

Aside from the excess of bed/baths, what's up with the tiny windowless office?
What exactly is going on with the Service Hall that it needs so much space?
And where are the stairs?

20MM just doesn't go that far anymore.

lefty

The "office" looks like a pantry to me based on location. I think it's more likely that one of the bedrooms would be an office. I'm guessing the service hall is like the basement in suburban house. Dunno...

EDIT: The "office" is the maid's quarters. Right off the kitchen and directly across from a non-attached full bath?

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think we've exhausted this apt so let's get back to urinals. What are the best public restrooms in the city when you're caught short?

Midtown is easy with all the major dept stores and starbucks doesn't count as that's where the homeless bathe.

lefty

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ah this is something that I always knew that was prevalent here in NYC, but have only noticed recently and a LOT lately here:

guys pouring containers of urine from their cars.

I was driving on Canal St. and saw a dude pour it out, I was walking the dog on Metropolitan Ave in Brooklyn and a guy pulled to the side and poured out a huge cup right into a drain (classy and thoughtful). I've seen it happen about 5 times in the past two weeks.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmmm... I was handed a free chocolate milk the other day.

I've done that once. Stuck on the Pulaski in dead-stopped traffic for an hour. Had to go for a few hours and thought I could make it home. Grabbed an empty Dunkin Donuts coffee cup and hiked my hips up. The ***** of it was that I really had more inside than the capacity of the cup so I had to stop (thank god for the kegel exercises), crack the door, empty the cup and continue filling.

Not one of my more shining moments.

lefty

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^after reading that I'm now convinced that leaving a large empty D&D ice coffee cup in the car is just common sense.

actually probably better to have a cup thats opaque. the large yankee stadium souvenir cup should suffice.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because we have more Starbuckses.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^after reading that I'm now convinced that leaving a large empty D&D ice coffee cup in the car is just common sense.

That or a healthy supply of Depends.

That's barbaric, why doesn't NY do those little bathroom pods like europe? You pay money to go in and if you don't come out after 10 minutes they open anyway.

They have one in MSP but it's always out of service.

lefty

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are smart phone apps that show public restrooms overlaid on a map. Often with color codes to let you know how good or reliable they are.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure there are smart phone apps that show public restrooms overlaid on a map. Often with color codes to let you know how good or reliable they are.

this was the plot of the seinfeld reunion show yes?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't remember it as a plot, but Costanza knew of every secret restroom in the city.

And there was this:

lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads