1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons why New York Sucks

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Aug 26, 2012.

1. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i fucking hate those Chinese delivery people that use those motorized bicycles on the sidewalks. I just saw one hit a small dog. The guy cut in front of me, and he clearly had no room to make the cut, and the dog, which was walking towards me, paid for it. It wasn't bad, but he ran over its paws and hit the size of its face. The dog yelped, grabbed for its paws, and the guy proceeded to make a "why u walk dog on sidewak!!" gesture with his hand before speeding away. Fuck that guy.

the dog seemed ok after a few moments.

2. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

so did that shroom deal go down?

3. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

he got tied up, trying tomorrow. I've bought from this place before, so I could just email the people I dealt with last time, but I'll still go the mgm route if it brings him business of sorts.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've wondered about the legality of those bike motors. Can't be legal, can they?

5. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

i don't know about the motor part, but riding on the sidewalk is illegal anyways.

6. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Fuck anyone that rides on sidewalks.

Also anyone riding the wrong way on streets. I always look both ways now after so many close calls.

2 people like this.
  7. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

same hatred applies to anybody who rides a Razr scooter on the sidewalk. Besides the annoying part of them zipping around, these people always look like idiots. The population that rides them, based on my observation, is usually women and Indian men. And children, but that's a given.

in my old neighborhood, Fairway put up a sign that was basically "if it's not a stroller but has wheels, we probably don't want it in our store, so don't bring it into our store". The same logic should apply to the NYC sidewalks.

8. edmorel

Skateboarders annoy me the most. They are like vampires, they come out at the end of the work day and congregate at office buildings that have outdoor space. Then its full on skatboarding suckage, at least until security comes and kicks them out. What gets me the most is that these guys suck, at least if they were doing some Tony Hawk type stuff, i would appreciate it a bit. But instead, its your local neurosurgeon's son being "street" by falling off a skateboard in some building on Park Ave.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I never could ride a skateboard. Not coordinated or douchey enough.

11. edmorel

Don't underestimate yourself, I think you definitely are douchey enough :teach:

1 person likes this.
  12. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

LOL @ parking lots

13. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

I've said this many times before, but I don't believe I've ever seen somebody nail a trick. Never. And lots of times I see people filming their antics, probably to make some sort of sweet mix tape, but I always wonder how many hours they have to throw out in order to get 10 minutes of footage.

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I really liked living within walking distance of work...but that required cohabitation. At the very best you could own a rowhouse and enjoy relative solitude, but you still have people on both sides. And then there is the dog shit on the sidewalks, bums asking for cash, noise, etc. I think the country wins out at the end of the day. Not the suburbs...in many ways that's like city living except with bigger lawns and extra space between the homes.

15. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

no it doesn't. The answer is called vacation house.

16. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

and it never will....

17. edmorel

18. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

**The elderly woman's grandchildren allegedly contacted Newman and told her that their grandmother has a panhandling permit and was not doing anything illegal.**

:bounce2::rotflmao::crackup::lol:

19. coolpapa

coolpapa Senior member

20. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Yes. He wrote that song about short people. I was also under the impression that he preferred Los Angeles.