1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Reasons why New York Sucks

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Aug 26, 2012.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Fibromyaligia. Or he was tired because he couldn't get to sleep due to Restless Leg Syndrome.

2. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

I have some sympathy for the guy. He nods off and he's responsible for killing four people. I'm glad my work screw ups can't kill any one.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he should go to jail.

3. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

eh, I've firmly decided "fuck that shit". Guy was paid nearly $150K a year plus union benefits and pensions to not fuck up stopping at stations correctly.

http://data.newsday.com/new-york/da...-overtime-pay/?searchField=name&q=rockefeller

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013

4. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Distinguished Member

150k to drive a train? Meanwhile treehuggers are saving the whales and the jungles, facing unimaginable dangers in birkenstocks but no deodorant for peanuts!

5. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Rumpel, you said, "Never happened in DC. Sorry." Now you have acknowledged, more than once, three cases in which it did, in fact, happen in DC. You want to change the subject to a lot of irrelevant crap (all of which I could answer, if I had any inclination to or confidence that you could comprehend the answers, which I don't).

You lost pages ago. Why you keep going on I have no idea.

6. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I've said this many times: I should have worked for the MTA or become a cop.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Stylish Dinosaur

Speaking of liars and fools: I'll be in sucky New York (briefly) next week. What was originally going to be a full day and evening Tuesday is now turning into a 2/3 day. Might switch my Wednesday morning flight home to Tuesday evening. If I don't, I'd be happy to try to console any of you miserable Gothamites (well, almost any of you) with booze Tuesday evening. I'll be staying in midtown.

8. Manton

Cop, you only have to put in 20, but the starting pay is miserable, you can't really even live on it. Plus, you might get killed. OTOH, some chicks dig the uniform and the cuffs.

MTA, much better pay (at least on the commuter lines, not so much on the subways or busses) but you have to put in 30 to get the pension. No cache.

Fireman: best of all by far. Chance of death, yes, but everyone loves firemen even (esp?) when they die, so there is that consolation.

Best of all, do two (or 3!) and double or triple dip!

9. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

:slayer:

I know the State Police Superintendent collects a huge cop pension (I think he was the Yonkers police chief or something like that) on top of his six figure salary.

Ever watch "Rescue Me," the Denis Leary show about NYC firefighters? They walk into bars and the women melt (pun intended). And since TV is reality, that must happen all the time!

10. Manton

It absolutely happens, I've seen it IRL.

11. dopey

dopey Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

I got knocked out with one punch once in a street fight while in High School.
    I suppose that means it wasn't much of a fight.

12. Rumpelstiltskin

With all of your blathering, changing your argument and carrying on like a woman I am reasonably sure that you are a gay man (not that there is anything wrong with it) and you are the bitch in the relationship. And if you aren't gay but straight, you are still a bitch. Why? Because only bitches argue so much about things that mean so little.

So you're right Manton. There is a clear pattern of attacks on whites in DC that dates back at least to 2008, particularly in the Mount Pleasant and Adams Morgan sections of NW because of the 3 well documented cases of assaults: 1 assault from 2011 in an entirely different part of the city and 2 other assaults 2 weeks ago. You win. Now go drink your soy milk latte and shut the fuck up already. Jeez

13. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Distinguished Member

Are you 15 years old?

14. Rumpelstiltskin

I'm 15 because I tire of going back and forth with a blowhard? Please. I told him he won. What else do you want from me?

15. Bhowie

Bhowie Stylish Dinosaur

Ouch