Reasons why New York Sucks

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

You oozed cis-het white male privilege. You deserved it.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Of course I did. But I thought I was better at hiding it.

To this day, my favorite memory of that incident is how the guy that took the main swing at me had first put cottage cheese or something in his mouth to (apparently) give the impression that he was foaming at the mouth. It was so ridiculous I couldn't help laughing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

[​IMG]

The rabies virus infects the central nervous system, ultimately causing disease in the brain and death. The early symptoms of rabies in people are similar to that of many other illnesses, including fever, headache, and general weakness or discomfort. As the disease progresses, more specific symptoms appear and may include insomnia, anxiety, confusion, slight or partial paralysis, excitation, hallucinations, agitation, hypersalivation (increase in saliva), difficulty swallowing, hydrophobia (fear of water) and an irresistible urge to post spontaneous pseudo political rantings & ravings on www.styleforums.net. Death usually occurs within days of the onset of these symptoms.

4. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

R, you've already been forced to concede that your blanket denial was false. Why don't you make an effort to move through to some of the other stages?

5. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin Senior member

Sure. perhaps we should mobilize the national guard to protect the hundreds if not thousands of our newly arrived residents of the inner city. I'm still waiting to see an incident of this knockout game in DC from 5 years ago or even last year.

6. Manton

I linked one from THIS year. From last month, even. Yglesias', IIRC, was from 2010. You are going to be on stage 2 for a long time, I see.

7. Manton

Booth, you heard it here (though not here first, because Slate, the NYT and others have been at pains to deny it earlier). There is no knockout game. That fist you felt at the base of your neck was grape-fruit hail. The fact that an iPhone vid of the attack was later posted on YouTube, well, don't let that sway you.

And, certainly, it's never happened in DC. Or at least, not recently, and not five years ago. Perhaps in between, but what would that prove?

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

9. Manton

Kill a guy and get 18 months. Mail fraud, life. The new America.

10. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

What distinguishes the "knockout game" from garden-variety assault? Is there a tote board somewhere online?

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Liberal denial.

12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

:confused:

13. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

the "game" of the knockout game is to knock somebody out with only a single blow to the head. If you succeed in doing this, you win the game. If not, then you don't win the game. I'm guessing this is why the targets have been old people, mothers pushing strollers, etc. (easier to knock out, easier to win said game).

14. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:popcorn: I don't remember the last good sf cat fight I read. They should stop banning people from the cesspool

15. Manton

From what kids who participate are saying, and telling people they know who do not particpate, the purpose of the game is to see if you can make someone unconcious with one punch. The victim is random (but nearly always white or not black, though there have been a handful of black victims, all women that I know of). There is no grudge. No robbery. You strike hard and run. Often, one of your gang films. Some of the idiots post the vid on YouTube.

Then there is the related, but slightly different game of "Polar Bear Hunting." In this case the victim is always white. There does not appear to be an explicit one-punch-drop rule but that is to be commended if it happens.

Really, I am not accusing you of this, but one could follow the drift of your question as being "If there is no NBA-like authority keeping score, how can it be a game?" That is not a serious point. Kids who participate and the people in these neigborhoods say there IS a game and that it's understood by the perps as a game. That's all that matters.