1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Reasons why New York Sucks

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Aug 26, 2012.

1. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Distinguished Member

The toll on the Verrazano seems to go up a buck or two every goddamn time I drive to New York. And it's especially infuriating when the toll to get out of town is a couple of bucks more than the toll in, just to screw with my expectations.

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

There is no bridge in california that charges toll both ways, that is pure NY.

3. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I did this too, and complained about the NJ road infrustructure right in this very thread. It's just awful, I believe my comment was it seemed like the roads were planned by a tottler and his crayon.

on the flip side, the piece of land north of the GWB on the Hudson is strikingly beautiful.

4. Manton

Also, since I am banned from the CE, I will say it here. Chris Christie is a piece of shit, a far worse human being and governor than even Andrew Cuomo. Yay, new york!

But whoever the city gets next as mayor will be an even bigger piece of shit.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013

5. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

I went out to pick up lunch, and it's gorgeous out, especially in the shade.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You're lucky that it sounds like you were flying domestic.

The lines at immigration this weekend at JFK were the worst I have ever seen. Ever. Literally (not joking), it started about 20 feet outside of the jetway and snaked through the terminal hallways onto the immigration area, which simply looked like a giant cattle triage area. We were lucky that our kids were turning into whiny monsters after an 8 hour flight burning their eyes on the entertainment system and were loud enough that we were directed to a slightly shorter lines for families with "babies"...

7. mgm9128

mgm9128 Distinguished Member

Im

I'm over the summer. Ready for the crisp, cool air of Autumn, orange leaves, smell of chimneys, pumpkin soup, lightweight sweaters, apple picking with girls of a certain disposition...these sorts of things.

8. Manton

Part of the new, improved "anarcho-tyrannical" USA. Harass, fine and inconvenience people with passports, visas, greencards, etc., who follow the rules. Totally ignore border crossers. Free tuition for illegal immigrants! Wait, you can't call them "illegal" you racist ape! OK, is "undocumented" still "operative"?

9. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

UC Berkeley and UCLA have scholarships stricktly for illegeal immigrants.

10. lefty

lefty Distinguished Member

I was flying back from Dublin and to my surprise went through US immigration there. Sweet, I thought. Landed at JFK to be directed into the immigration line. But we just went through immigration I said to the line jockey. That one didn't count she said.

When they raze JFK they should call all the employees in that morning for a special meeting with cake then quietly lock the doors.

lefty

11. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior Member

I am surprised you said this and am genuinely interested if you want to expound.

He is generally given credit for reducing public worker pensions and requiring public workers to pay more for insurance, as well as for instituting a 2-percent limit on property tax increases, which puts downward pressure on compensation for teachers and municipal workers.

12. Manton

Just a bile-drenched comment from the depth of my black, hate-filled soul. Feel free to ignore.

13. NORE

NORE Distinguished Member

As unpolitically inclined as I am, I will say Christie's on-the-hour updates leading up to, during and after the Sandy incident were more gripping and far better than Cuomo's. I even know that stoopid stronger than teh storm song :uhoh:

14. Manton

returning OT, I predict that the next toll hike on NY bridges and tunnels will simply be for drivers to surrender their cars.

15. Bounder

Bounder Distinguished Member

Excellent.

If you don't mind, I am going to use this one.