• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reasons Why LA Sucks

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But unlike most other cities there is a good chance of actually meeting someone attractive. Although this leads to some funny situations to. I remember hitting it off with a girl in Echo Park and she told me to follow her home. Turned out she lived in West Hollywood, almost all the way to Beverly Hills.

Yeah, I like not having to bump into the same people...its nice.

everything is too spread out. I basically only take taxis at night, so it kind of adds up if i want to go to different spots. its not so bad..maybe spend 40 bucks on taxis for a night out on the westside or south bay.

Last edited:

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh yeah, all of my friends live in different parts of the city (downtown, valley, OC) so its hard to coordinate a good place to go most of the time, someone ends up driving a distance.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Really? You'd think it wouldn't happen but I find that even the LA world is really small. I bump into people all the time, even far from my house. Maybe you keep friends with more similar inclinations as you get older. At this point most of my pals have good sized homes with yards and were all coupled so we just hang out at each others places.

Last edited:

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I go to Koreatown for some KBBQ, I often stuff myself too much and the drive home sucks because I want to just lie down and sleep.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really? You'd think it wouldn't happen but I find that even the LA world is really small. I bump into people all the time, even far from my house. Maybe you keep friends with more similar inclinations as you get older. At this point most of my pals have good sized homes with yards and were all coupled so we just hang out at each others places.

Yeah, I don't go out as much as I used to so I don't see the same "circles" around town like I used to.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I loathe fake ****.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

line for a cup of coffee.

That looks like Intelligentsia Venice, perhaps the most pretentious coffee shop I've ever encountered, and I think I have a pretty high threshold for these things.

Also, the LA Phil has been on the decline since Dudamel took over from Salonen. It's like all fast and loud with no subtlety or thought now. I didn't renew my subscription this year.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love how they designed the place to accomodate a line.

It can't be worse than a SF coffee shop. I usually ask them to grind the beans I'm buying just so I can see their veins in their necks pop.

lefty

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the Bay Area and visiting LA (UCLA area) the following weekend after Labor Day. Will report back

FWIW I enjoyed my company during 1 day visits or drunk night debauchery during my last visits. Perhaps a 4 day stay will give me a better picture.

Visiting the Belasco Saturday night. Fun.

Last edited:

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That looks like Intelligentsia Venice, perhaps the most pretentious coffee shop I've ever encountered, and I think I have a pretty high threshold for these things.
Also, the LA Phil has been on the decline since Dudamel took over from Salonen. It's like all fast and loud with no subtlety or thought now. I didn't renew my subscription this year.

I actually like that place. I usually go early enough before the hipsters all wake up though. On hot days the Angeleno rocks my world.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
June Gloom.

what a rip off on summer.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I can see the silverlake intelligentsia line from my balcony.

aizan

Reaction score
the river.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boo hoo, fake ****. Boo hoo, there's this coffee shop with a long line that I never have to go to if I don't want to. Boo hoo, there's a ******* ****** concrete river that doesn't affect my life in any way.

L.A. is awesome, and you have to ******* try to come up with reasons to dislike it. Minus the traffic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads