• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Really Quick help - Zegna Suit Fit!!!

maubster16

Reaction score
Hey there
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130664156195#ht_2007wt_1209

I found this on ebay. I am looking to buy it as I know I am a 42L with the given waist (6 foot 2 and around 185).
I was wondering if this suit fits slim and how slim? I am looking for a very slim fit (I looked at hugo boss aikonen).
Would the pants on this given suit be tapered for slim fit or a straighter leg?

Please respond ASAP as the auction ends and as you can probably tell I have never owned a zegna suit.

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
IF you buy this, you still won't own a zegna suit. This is a cheap piece of crap made with a zegna brand fabric. But it is not a genuine zegna suit. Avoid.

maubster16

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I found a hugo boss aikonen for around 400. Do you know if the leg on that suit is tapered slim?

Wayward

Reaction score
I have no experience with Hugo Boss suits, but as an aside:

As mentioned, that's not a Zegna suit. If you ever see that small red tag or a blue tag of a similar size with the words "cloth" or "tessuto", they are not Ermenegildo Zegna suits. Those tags only indicate that they use cloths made by their factories.

If you're looking for a really tight fit, you would be looking at the Milano model in the mainline, or the Drop 8 in the Z Zegna. Both of them have very soft shoulders, and while Milano is a drop 7 the Drop 8 is, well, 8. The Milano pants are not super tapered (opening is ~8.5") while the Drop is (~8"). The City model from the Z line is also quite fitted, though it has stronger shoulders and slightly roomier.

It's hard to know what look you're going for without examples though.

Edit: I just looked up the Aikonen online. Pants don't look tapered to me, but I could be wrong. That looks very much like my Z Zegna City model.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.