• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Realistic prices on oversized bags

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my gym back as it's just a beat up Adidas one that was cheap. I really, really like the looks of these oversized bags men are carrying on The Sartorialist. What is the realistic pricing on items like that? I'm not big into labels and I'd prefer if no label showed. Just a big, leather bag. Links

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That second bag is very manly. Very manly indeed. Steve McQueen would punch someone for carrying that bag.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have bought this Rag and Bone bag if it were leather. I am also looking for a leather weekend bag.

If as you stated, that you are using it for gym purpose, I am not very comfortable carrying leather bags for workouts as they tend to be more difficult to wash and will retain stench more readily than canvas or nylon bags.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with upnorth- leather bags kept in a moist locker room, then filled with your sweaty gym clothes.... doesn't sound like a good idea. Better get a leather and canvas number.

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
As much as I love the look of a nice leather bag, I couldn't ever imagine taking one to the gym. Gyms are dirty and gross, and I wouldn't want someone ruining a bag I paid a fortune for. Also remember that 100% leather bag is going to much heavier than that nylon adidas.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40