• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real versace?

Jsimmons86

Reaction score
Alright, I inherited a versace coat from a messy divorce.
At the moment, I CANNOT post a picture of it. It will be added shortly.
This jacket is made of Corduroy (spelled right?), has one tag on the inside, saying:
Versace, jeans couture, and below some numbers 964616.
Additionally, it has a single pocket, on the right side, with versace in silver lettering printed above it.
It is a zipper pocket.
The coat zips up, as opposed to buttoning.
It is a solid dark blue, except for the lettering.
Keep in mind its old, and other tags MAY have been removed.
Currently, it is a suspected fake. (from the guy with no real experience)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My guess is that the stitching on the jacket forms a V in the middle of the pocket? There is a tag inside that says "Made by Ittierre"? The zipper pulls might be finished with small silver medusas? Taped (glued) to somewhere inside the jacket, by the Ittierre tag is a hologram?
lurker[1].gif

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ 1, as the great man says

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
My guess is that the stitching on the jacket forms a V in the middle of the pocket?
There is a tag inside that says "Made by Ittierre"?
The zipper pulls might be finished with small silver medusas?
Taped (glued) to somewhere inside the jacket, by the Ittierre tag is a hologram?

lurker[1].gif

This is the dude with a ton of vintage Versace in his ebay store and WAWRN pics at the Versace mansion. That's as close of an expert opinion as you're gonna get on these boards.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
This is the dude with a ton of vintage Versace in his ebay store and WAWRN pics at the Versace mansion.

If you only knew what else that lies behind the camera.

Jangofett

Reaction score

Are you naked behind the camera when taking those pictures?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...And it's worth about $40.00, if real.....$39.99, if fake...
facepalm.gif

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Spoo, is it just me or was Versace once upon a time ago a half decent label? I recently took a punt at a F/W 2010 Versace Collection suit (got it cheap online), and the construction was absolutely ****. Nothing like the old Gianni Versace suit I used to have.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
...And it's worth about $40.00, if real.....$39.99, if fake...
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by Jsimmons86
Alright, I inherited a versace coat

Thats all profit, kid.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
Hey Spoo, is it just me or was Versace once upon a time ago a half decent label? I recently took a punt at a F/W 2010 Versace Collection suit (got it cheap online), and the construction was absolutely ****. Nothing like the old Gianni Versace suit I used to have.

Versace Collection has always been ****. It used to be the V2 line, which from 95-98 did reprinted silks ala Biggie from the Couture line, diffused one season down, and slightly dumbed down to keep costs lower. For suits and tailored clothing, no way.

Versace tailored clothing is actually stronger now then it ever was, from a construction standpoint. The couture line is made by Zegna to XXX standards, just like TF. The design is much more modern and slim than what is SF approved, but still, you have to appreciate the work. 2000-2005 was a dark time for the brand, going through major transitions trying to identify themselves under Donatella's leadership.

They tried to rebrand themselves as an Italian Dior Homme (IMO) and hired Alexander Plokhov from Cloak to do some sober, gloomy menswear which was a complete antithesis to the brand and alienated virtually all of their menswear clients. They are still trying to recover from that.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber

Yah. Versace used to be a marque brand back in those days.
The GV boutique was like something out of Louis XVI wetdream.
I recall some actress wearing a gorgeous lime green or yellow gown in some award show.

Now, they look like some cheap stuff.

I bought a yellow GV polo years ago. GV not Versace or V2.
The colour at the collar faded to white after a few washes.

I tried some GV stuff at GV. Their boutique was small and the SA not snooty.
A far cry from Prada.

I accidentally and easily damaged a polo shirt with a zipper on it.

A white GV shirt I bought which cost me a bomb always get brown stains despite me not wearing it unless for special occasions.
The dry cleaner said its because it was wet and some fungus or mould is created.
I told her, after I collected it from you, I stored it in the cupboard with the dry clean cover, until I decide to wear it.
I think its probably because of the crappy material used.
So I dont wear it now because its such a hassle to dry clean the stains all the time.
I doubt it can fetch 100 on ebay.

I hope with Plokhov manning the helm, the designs would be edgy and good like Balmain or Givenchy.

I really dont know why Spoo, who spends so much, is big on Versace.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Versace Collection has always been ****. It used to be the V2 line, which from 95-98 did reprinted silks ala Biggie from the Couture line, diffused one season down, and slightly dumbed down to keep costs lower. For suits and tailored clothing, no way.

Versace tailored clothing is actually stronger now then it ever was, from a construction standpoint. The couture line is made by Zegna to XXX standards, just like TF. The design is much more modern and slim than what is SF approved, but still, you have to appreciate the work. 2000-2005 was a dark time for the brand, going through major transitions trying to identify themselves under Donatella's leadership.

They tried to rebrand themselves as an Italian Dior Homme (IMO) and hired Alexander Plokhov from Cloak to do some sober, gloomy menswear which was a complete antithesis to the brand and alienated virtually all of their menswear clients. They are still trying to recover from that.

Cool to know that, cheers for that insight
fing02[1].gif

Zegna seem to do a lot of work for the fashion brands, I have noticed that YSL and Gucci seem to have been "Zegnified" assuming the made in Switzerland tag is indicative of Zegna (the YSL in particular had impressive enough construction I bought two of their suits in one hit). I will scope around Versace couture line - if their tailored clothing is up to scratch, it adds an extra degree of freedom to my clothes buying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics