• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real Time with Bill Maher

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
This last one was in the top 3 worst episodes I've seen.

Conrnel West, as eloquent as he may be, is a waste of a guest. You might as well just have a robot programmed to repeat useless, tiresome, rhetorical BS for 40 minutes without actually saying anything at all.

The other 3 guests were equally boring, as was the monologue.

Agreed. Cornel West is no doubt a bright guy, but he tries speaking like he's the ******* Prophet Muhammad.

The only amusing part of the episode was when Bill was asking Arianna Huffington questions about all her money.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The show is phenomenally better around election time, and always better with opposing views on the panel, which (minus this last episode) we've seen a lot of this season.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like Cornell West but Bill tends to let him ramble on a bit too long. Norah O'Donnell was a complete and utter waste of space. Perry seems like a smart guy. The final New Rule was ******* hilarious. "And then you're into the stuff that German's like. Horrifying, slimy, things punctuated by women crying."

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why in God's name does he have Kevin Smith on the show tonight?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Why in God's name does he have Kevin Smith on the show tonight?
Kevin Smith needs to learn how to apply sunscreen. Good panel for the most part. Could have done without Tavis Smiley's feminist ranting though.

magogian12345

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the success of Tavis Smiley. Is he popular on NPR because he helps feed white liberal guilt? Juan Williams was 10X better and smarter than him.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by magogian12345
I don't understand the success of Tavis Smiley. Is he popular on NPR because he helps feed white liberal guilt? Juan Williams was 10X better and smarter than him.
Articulate black men on TV are hard to find.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The eccentric in the audience was the most amusing part of the show.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's had another 9/11 truther outburst in the audience before. This guy was yelling for a long time. I can't believe security didn't get to him faster.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
He's had another 9/11 truther outburst in the audience before. This guy was yelling for a long time. I can't believe security didn't get to him faster.
I did hear him say "get your hands off of me."

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anybody watch this week's episode? Great monologue (The Charlie Sheen bit), interview with TC Boyle was weird, mostly because he's a ******* weird guy, panel was pretty good, and the new rules were great, especially the last one which was something that I had been wondering about for a very long time.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
"Bill, don't you see what Hellfire missiles do to Muslim women? Just last week you continued to reify the lies about 9/11."

Frankly, I have no clue what the **** he is talking about.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-...n-video-2011-2

He's probably referring to depleted uranium shell casings, which continues to be an obsession for the truther set.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads