Real Time with Bill Maher

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Rambo, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Hey Man

Hey Man Senior member

i really loathe seth mcfarlane. just seems like a giant asshole.

Why, because he is a liberal and has a comedy show that takes aim at everything? I think the problem some people have with him, is that McFarlane is a guy that never really had to grow up and people hate him for that. Imagine you could still be the party fun guy that you were in college today at 40 - instead of having to be a serious person with responsibilities. It's kind of like that and it's the same thing with the South Park guys - they are all still able to be kids.

2. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

I knew this guy who had some kind of genetic problem and his arms and legs didnt grow up. He still had adult responsibilities but he had trouble driving a car. I didnt hate him.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Good episode this week. Joe Klein is an insufferable asshole. David Cross was hilarious as always and the final New Rule was awesome. The disco ball was a nice touch.

4. fdbaker

fdbaker Senior member

5. SField

SField Senior member

The thing I can't stand about Maher's show is the fucking audience. He is actually tolerable in conversation but when he makes some bullshit religion or Bush joke, it's extremely annoying how the retard audience breaks up rhythm of the discourse. Watching that show can actually be quite illuminating. They regularly have fascinating people on the panel and it's a shame when it's spoiled by some idiot actor of Maher's pandering.

6. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

The thing I can't stand about Maher's show is the fucking audience. He is actually tolerable in conversation but when he makes some bullshit religion or Bush joke, it's extremely annoying how the retard audience breaks up rhythm of the discourse. Watching that show can actually be quite illuminating. They regularly have fascinating people on the panel and it's a shame when it's spoiled by some idiot actor of Maher's pandering.

+500
    I'm a liberal, but these people are like mindless puppies that pant and wait for him to make a point so they can all applaud. Its like they need someone smarter than they are to tell them that they're right to feel/believe the things they do.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

True, but often time Bill will shut them up so that he, or a conservative speaker, can make his/her point.

8. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

That clip of Hitchens is awesome. You could tell Maher and the crowd were flabergasted that someone actually stood up to them.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

God that was an awful panel. PJ O'Rourke is funny but in combination with that obnoxious Cupp woman made them unbearable. New Rules wasn't anything special tonight either. Nice to see Dawkins in his element though.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

yes

Why, because he is a liberal and has a comedy show that takes aim at everything? I think the problem some people have with him, is that McFarlane is a guy that never really had to grow up and people hate him for that. Imagine you could still be the party fun guy that you were in college today at 40 - instead of having to be a serious person with responsibilities. It's kind of like that and it's the same thing with the South Park guys - they are all still able to be kids.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Another crap episode this week. The guy from Fox taking down the woman from the Tea Party was the only interesting part. If I had Markos' voice I'd kill myself.

12. SField

SField Senior member

God that was an awful panel. PJ O'Rourke is funny but in combination with that obnoxious Cupp woman made them unbearable. New Rules wasn't anything special tonight either. Nice to see Dawkins in his element though.

dude PJ was fucking retarded that night. He was just saying dumb shit left and right. It was almost as bad as the last time Mos Def was on.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

dude PJ was fucking retarded that night. He was just saying dumb shit left and right. It was almost as bad as the last time Mos Def was on.
    No disagreement here. He is a generally funny guy though.

14. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

i really loathe seth mcfarlane. just seems like a giant asshole.

totally agree,he should be shot...that fucking show is the stupidest piece of excrement ever...EVER (use Simpsons comic book guy voice,you know the show he rips off)

15. frenchy

frenchy In Time Out

then why do i hate seth but love the south park guys?
    there goes your logic...
    i actually dont give a shit about his politics,and iam not easily offended if ever but the ep where Peter had a stroke (one of the few i actually was forced to watch) was horrible,my dad had a stroke so that hit home and had paralysis/speech impediment after,theres a differenec between tastesless and classless