• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Real or fake zegna sport coat?

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new on the forum just wanted to know it this zegna sport coat is authentic or not?
Thanks in advance

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got some better pics just to make it sure but thanks for the fast answer : )

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people even fake Zegna suits/sport coats?

You could check if its fully canvassed. I doubt anyone would make a sport coat that's fully canvassed and fake a brand. It is indeed 3 roll 2 which is promising (I think, or am I blind?).

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely real. I didn't think they were faked until someone posted this in the Thrifting thread the other day. Zegna Paris?! Really...?
027.jpg

Ender1990

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, seriously soon we will see zilli and brioni fakes all over the place..

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should look at the inner pocket label.

It's not that hard to rip a real Zegna label out of a scrap jacket and sew it into a fake. But the inner pocket label I think would take more effort. Plus the inner label will give you all the info on the jacket. It could be a MTM which could mean fit problems. You'll find out the material. Drop. etc

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This notion of taking an old Zegna jacket and taking its label off could be done, and probably is done on a very small scale.

On mass scale however, if it aint a Gucci, Prada etc, it is far less likely some sweatshop in China or Turkey would try knock out Loro Piana fakes or Zegna fakes. Truth is fashion labels are 100 times more likely to be ripped off and be economically viable for the counterfeiters. People are also simply 100 times more likely to purchase a Prada shirt with a logo than a Loro Piana or Zegna non - logo(ed) item. Particularly in the mass markets of India and China where most of the aspiring lower to lower middle classes would either have not heard of Brioni or Kiton, or simply not give a damn about them. Either way, the counterfeits target these markets more aggressively than they do the American or European market (other than the odd bogus online store or bogus eBay seller).

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
This notion of taking an old Zegna jacket and taking its label off could be done, and probably is done on a very small scale.

On mass scale however, if it aint a Gucci, Prada etc, it is far less likely some sweatshop in China or Turkey would try knock out Loro Piana fakes or Zegna fakes. Truth is fashion labels are 100 times more likely to be ripped off and be economically viable for the counterfeiters. People are also simply 100 times more likely to purchase a Prada shirt with a logo than a Loro Piana or Zegna non - logo(ed) item. Particularly in the mass markets of India and China where most of the aspiring lower to lower middle classes would either have not heard of Brioni or Kiton, or simply not give a damn about them. Either way, the counterfeits target these markets more aggressively than they do the American or European market (other than the odd bogus online store or bogus eBay seller).

^ This is an awesome post +1 to your sir
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads