• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REAL OR FAKE ?!!! AUDEMARS PIGUET ROYAL OAK OFFSHORE WATCH

Nina918

Reaction score

Sam H

Reaction score
I’m far from a watch expert but it just looks off to me. The markers seem misaligned. The logo seems cheap and tacked on. As a complete layman it gives me bad vibes. Maybe it’s just in really bad shape or the generation its from had more liberal QC tolerances.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m far from a watch expert but it just looks off to me. The markers seem misaligned. The logo seems cheap and tacked on. As a complete layman it gives me bad vibes. Maybe it’s just in really bad shape or the generation its from had more liberal QC tolerances.

I agree with this assessment that the finishing looks cheap, and am also not an expert. The misalignment might just be because the internal bezel was adjusted, but if not that is the biggest red flag. No way a $20K watch would be sold if the dive bezel will not align.

Internal bezel
Most likely introduced by Aquastar in the 1960s. In this construction, the bezel is located inside the watch and is thus protected by the crystal, giving the watch a more elegant look. The bezel can only be operated with a (usually additional) crown, quite often in both directions (exceptions include the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver, Hublot Oceanographic, etc.). Disadvantage: An additional opening in the case (except maybe for the first Aquastar models, and the recent Maurice Lacroix Pontos S, in which the chronograph pusher also operates the bezel) and often a rather small crown to fumble with. The more secure it is designed (unidirectional, screw-in), the less practical it becomes for diving.

Deeky

Reaction score
Looks fake. Nothing about the dial speaks quality.

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
The finishing on the minute hand looks poor as well....definitely a fake, put it on Watchuseek forum and you'll get 99/100 people tell you its usually fake...

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all of your opinions. It forced me to go and get it Authenticated sooner than later. It is real and now I can sell it without a hitch. I hope you all have a beautiful day!!!

How much are you asking? I may have interest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads