• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Real Evisu Jeans?

Moonbox

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of jeans in a shop, they were vey cheap. When i got home noticed it said special where the lot no. Should be. Just wondering if there real?

Sorry about bad ipad pics.

Last edited:

Moonbox

Reaction score
Don't understand your contribution?

New pictures added

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
basically no jeans that you buy in a reputable store are fakes. if you bought them from a guy in the street yelling at you about Rolexes, well, then they're fakes, but otherwise... this whole "I think these might be fakes" thing that people with <10 posts worry about is pretty foreign to SF's culture and just strikes me as weird. But it happens just enough that I think we need a meme for it or something.

Moonbox

Reaction score
I bought them in TJ Maxx or TK Maxx here in Ireland and have heard stories about them purchasing copies in liquidation stock. My main concern is the lot. Special as have never seen it before and just curious to why its stamped on there

Street Nasty

Reaction score
Is it possible that it is tagged special because they are factory outlet jeans? TJ Maxx is like Marshalls right?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm quite sure TJ Maxx/TK Maxx would never knowingly sell counterfeits, they can go to prison for that. Possibly Evisu's contractor made too many, more than Evisu required, excess production that ends up at these sort of places. Quite sure some of it ends up where I am as well, we seem to be inundated with Zara pants at the moment. Main difference is, one is paying perhaps 40 quid for them rather than 400 quid.

The other thing with a mass produced commodity thing like denim products, is that the knock-offs are often coming from the same sweatshops that make the real-McCoy. It's known as unauthorized second runs.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.