1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Real Attolini?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by saint, Apr 22, 2006.

1. saint

saint Senior member

I emailed him yesterday asking for updated size info, but not specifically steering him to AAAC. The label says the size is I53, so it is bigger than a 42, what remains to be seen is what the actual measurements are. I am a 42 long and with the amount of sleeve below the buttons I could probably have it taken in the 3/4 inch or so I'd need to make the sleeves fit properly. I really love the jacket, but I'm still waiting to hear from the seller before irrevocably committing to buying it.

Has anyone bought from this seller before?

2. darkoak

darkoak Senior member

The text and pictures of this seller's auctions look very similar to those of graham134. I suspect they might be same person. graham134 used to have English language listing but recently seem to have switched to all-German. Maybe this seller is meant as his English language shopfront? Anyway, in all of his previous listings I have noticed that the chest measurements for 42, 43 jackets were always a lot more generous than usual.

3. oman

oman Senior member

4. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

I asked the seller for a remeasurement of the chest a la Andrew Harris' link.

I will post his answer, if any.

Perry

He confirmed that he measured in accordance with Andrew Harris' article on Ask Andy and that the chest is a 50 in measurement.

Perry

5. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

The text and pictures of this seller's auctions look very similar to those of graham134. I suspect they might be same person. graham134 used to have English language listing but recently seem to have switched to all-German. Maybe this seller is meant as his English language shopfront? Anyway, in all of his previous listings I have noticed that the chest measurements for 42, 43 jackets were always a lot more generous than usual.

The answer I got came from Graham134.

Perry

6. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

After looking at all of his items for sale (and I must say he has some beautiful garments listed many in what should be my size) I could not bid since he has measured all of them to be 2-4 inches bigger in the chest than the size would indicate. A 44L/e54L with a 50 inch chest! A 42L/e52L with a 49 inch chest! I have never seen such an animal but at these prices I would want to be sure. And I wear a 42L/e54L with a 46 inch chest best.

So the question remains: Is the tagged size correct or is the measured size correct. One is apparently incorrect. And I am not going to pay $700-1200 to find out I was wrong about which it is.

This is one of the biggest challenges on Ebay......that is the size guesstimate necessary to deal.

Perry

7. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Did anyone buy??? I am most interested. The coats look beautiful, but the sizes puzzle me. Please post up results if you bought.

Perry