Ready, set: another girl thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by herzzreh, Jun 4, 2008.

1. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

I meet this girl, call her up, we go for a dinner, then grab a few drinks... She says she's single. When we're in the bar, someone keeps calling and calling me. I walk her to a tanning place, say bye and listen to the voicemail. Lo and behold, I get the following message: "WTF are you doing taking my GF for drinks? yada yada yada"
    Bit later, I call her to find out WTF. No one answers, bit later that dude calls me, asks me WTF I was going with his girl etc. I just tell the guy that we had a few drinks and had a little chat. He starts bitching at me. I tell him that it's pretty sad that he's so insecure. He asks me what do I mean? I tell him that he's insecure because he freaks out so bad about me going with his girl for a few drinks. This kinda shut him up, all he said "Well, man, you know... I just don't know you."

So... What do I do? Do I stay away from her? Press on?

2. West24

West24 Senior member

how the hell did her boyfriend get ur number???? and how did u meet her. did you pick her up, school etc? we need to know more. right now it sounds like you should tell her to work shit out with her bf before you deal with her.

3. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

Well, I called her cell phone yesterday and today, he must be reviewing her bill on an hourly basis or something...
    I met her at a jewelry store, she's working there.

4. sygyzy

sygyzy Senior member

Persue her? Just leave her alone man.

5. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

Persue her? Just leave her alone man.

Well, when we said buh-bye, she was pretty insistent that I call back.
    She must be going on a... whatever you call those relationships that start right after another one ends... anyway, I don't care much about this part.

6. West24

West24 Senior member

you should ask her about why she lied to you, and tell her it wouldnt be right for you to be getting in the middle of them. and if things change between them, that she can call you then.

7. herzzreh

herzzreh Senior member

you should ask her about why she lied to you, and tell her it wouldnt be right for you to be getting in the middle of them. and if things change between them, that she can call you then.

Yeah, that's why I called back actually. Now the trick is to actually get her on the phone vice her boy.

8. The Wayfarer

The Wayfarer Senior member

Am I the only one grated by the insistent use of "unsecure?"

Dude, it's insecure.

9. Matt

Matt [email protected]

yah that was annoying me too. Once in a while I get tempted to abuse my modding powers and edit posts over things like that [​IMG] OP - been there done that. Years ago I was completing my study with an online class for summer school (cushy web design class that let me clean up my degree) - this meant I was spending lotsa time online. Some girl ICQed me, got to chatting, met up, got to fucking. Turned out her bf (who I didnt know existed) was the best mate of a guy I went to highschool with, and one of the very few people in the world who I really do not like. My hometown is too small. Jesus I hate it. Anyhow, he tracked me down, and we ended up getting in a fight. I won the fight. He won the girl. I didnt care. Two years later they were married and she was pregnant, while I was living in a better city with someone hotter [​IMG]

10. Laffertron

Laffertron Senior member

Another possibility: The guy is just some douche who's been trying to get in her pants for ages and just hangs around as a friend.

Girl meets douche for a coffee or something
    "Hi Douche"
    "Hey baby *muah* wassup?"
    "Oh yeah I met this guy at work today!"
    "Oh really?" (secretly thinking "Oh man this idiot is going to ruin my action with this girl I haven't even kissed but am meant to be with!")
    "Excuse me for a minute while I go to the girl's room"
    *Douche looks at her phone while she's in the john*

2 hours later...

WTF MAN I'M GONNA KILL U

I'd call the girl up and explain what happened, if she says she's single chances are this loser is some creep who hangs around trying to land her, while he tries to push away any guy who seems threatening. I've had it happen to me, the dude was totally insecure and "best friends" with this girl who was totally not interested in him. I think he learned a hard lesson the night I met her.

Long story short, this chap needs some advice:

11. thetieguy

thetieguy Senior member

Shag her as soon as you can then forget her.

12. ccc123

ccc123 Senior member

forget her, if the guy is a wacko, and wont let go of her, you will only go down with the ship, let her make a clean break from mr. x and then revisit - I'd slide out of the messy deal and dont look back - I've been there and wacko boy friends and or x's are not how I want to spend my time! not even if she was a 22 year old grace kelly!

13. contactme_11

contactme_11 Senior member

forget her, if the guy is a wacko, and wont let go of her,

Then you'll just be saving yourself a lot of aggrevasion by getting out now. You're not attached to her yet and for all you know this guy is 10 times bigger than you and could twist you into a pretzel when he gets angry.

14. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Get out.

Girls who like the controlling types are usually a piece of work. If she's not strong enough to break up on her own, you aren't going to want to deal with her drama.

Feel free to hook up with her, but don't get emotionally involved.

15. MrMoneyInDaBank

MrMoneyInDaBank Member

Im sorry but I have to do this: the word is insecure not uninsecure. That being said I think you need to leave her alone for the following reasons.
    1.She a liar
    2.She is a cheater or at the very least a potential one
    3.She is shady, did she give the bf your number? How did he know she was out with a man?