1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ready-made Turnbull specs.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by paul44, Jan 1, 2005.

1. paul44

paul44 Member

Hello gents,

Just a quick couple of questions regarding the standard made-in-England Turnbull & Asser ready-mades, the sort sold through Neiman Marcus.

1.  Is the cotton used two-fold poplin?  I don't have the bolts in front of me to measure, sadly.

2.  100s cotton, or better?  Precise figure, anyone?

3.  Are the buttonholes sewn with cotton or silk?  I strongly presume cotton, for the $175 range.

I'm sure this has been covered previously, but I haven't the time to read all the posts.

Thanks much.

Paul

2. paul44

paul44 Member

Surely Mr. Kabbaz knows. Although my lack of shirt knowledge will invariably get put on terrible display in his answer. Â But I don't care. Â Hit me with it. Â [​IMG]

3. Mark Seitelman

Mark Seitelman Senior Member

Based on my six years of patronage:

1. Cotton is two ply.

2. Cotton is 100 or lower on the "classic" and "exclusive poplin" lines. The "superfine" and "Sea Island quality" lines have higher numbers, but I don't have the specs.

3. Cotton is used for the buttonholes.