• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RB6 sizing conundrum

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why can't R&B do odd sizing? I'm a true 31, with 21.5-21.75 upper thighs. From my research on here, they seem to be running true to size, at least now anyway. So should I go 30 or 32? I'm sure if the 30's measure around 30.5, the waist will be fine, but will they be too tight in the legs? Would I be better off going 32? Thanks.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll hijack this rag and bone thread instead of reviving the others.

How much would you say rb15 non-selvege indigo stretch in the waist? I'm thinking about picking up the 30 in the Factory People sale, and I'm aware they're cut slightly smaller than the non-selv. But depending on how much stretching I get, they might be too loose.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
go 30, they're pretty roomy.
How do they compare to RRDS? My 30 RR's were initially a bit tight on my thighs, but after some wear they're absolutely perfect. Just wish the waist hadn't stretched to 32.5.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
How do they compare to RRDS? My 30 RR's were initially a bit tight on my thighs, but after some wear they're absolutely perfect. Just wish the waist hadn't stretched to 32.5.

I think they're about the same as RRDS out of the box but won't stretch quite as much because they're not completely dry.

minhi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
I'll hijack this rag and bone thread instead of reviving the others. How much would you say rb15 non-selvege indigo stretch in the waist? I'm thinking about picking up the 30 in the Factory People sale, and I'm aware they're cut slightly smaller than the non-selv. But depending on how much stretching I get, they might be too loose.
(this is mainly for evildan regarding the rb15) do you know what size you are in other jeans? I just got a pair of the rb-15 in that size and i don't think they will stretch much. the 30x32 on me fits similiar to my apc ns 28--which is to say tight. it's a skinny type jean and much closer to running towards the 29.5 then to 30.5. it's also pretty tight through the thighs and i'm not that big. i'm 5'11" about 150lbs skinny asian frame. i don't think they're 'slightly' small, i have a few other size 30 jeans and considering how low rise these are i'm surprised they're so tight in the waist. i also have boot cut ola in 32 (too loose need a belt) and a rr greycast in 32 as well (way too lose, belt and baggy). you should also know that the rb15 pair have a cotton reinforcement in the waist, which i think will also prevent too much stretching. i'm ok with them but the look is pretty much identical to my ns, not sure what i could;ve done since i think the 32 would've been too big. i would say my true jean size is 30-31 (31 in dress pants), so they're gonna slim fitting on you as well.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I think they're about the same as RRDS out of the box but won't stretch quite as much because they're not completely dry.
Maybe I should go 32 then, the RRDS were a bit snug at first. I think AE is out of the them though.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have any input? I'm torn here...on one hand I'm thinking I should order the 30's before AE sells out, but another part of me is saying they'll be too tight!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Haven't you learned anything, don't buy from AE.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Haven't you learned anything, don't buy from AE.
Hey, thanks for the input!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics