• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rays and Bosox?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Not on free TV?

WTF!

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought everyone had TBS....
confused.gif

hipcathobbes

Reaction score
This game is killing me. I will say I'm glad it's not on Fox tonight (even though that means it's a limited audience) because Joe Buck and Tim McCarver aren't on call.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a really great series. Both teams are extremely balanced, one is a new up and comer, the other is the class of the league for the last few years. I am rooting for the Rays, but either way I want to see this go seven.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Boston is dead, and so are the Phillies (or, if a miracle occurs, the Dodgers). The Rays are good. Real good. They're going to win about 5 titles with this group.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
I spent three days in Vegas in February telling anyone who'd listen that the Rays were gonna win the AL East and WS this year. Their over/under for wins at that time was 72. I did not place a bet. I am a ******* moron.

GO RAYS

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Boston is dead, and so are the Phillies (or, if a miracle occurs, the Dodgers). The Rays are good. Real good. They're going to win about 5 titles with this group.
Are you serious about their chances to repeat? I guess I sort of see them as the Florida Marlins of '08. Hope you're wearing blue tomorrow.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Rays vs. Phillies series can't be good for ratings...

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Are you serious about their chances to repeat? I guess I sort of see them as the Florida Marlins of '08.

Hope you're wearing blue tomorrow.

I would love to go to the game. I'll be wearing my vintage Dodger T, but I'm still mourning last night's loss. Torre gave that game away with his moronic bullpen usage. Pull Lowe after 74 pitches? Pull Kuo after 14? It was painful to watch.

As for the Rays - they are so loaded. The team is very young and the most of the young talent is signed to long term deals that buys out their arbitration years, plus they still have half a dozen top prospects knocking on the door. And David Price was only called up in September, but he'll be a front line starter next year. They have six legit starters under 26 years old, a deep bullpen, great defense, great lineup. 75% of that team is still improving and the other 25% are either in their prime or inconsequential vets holding a roster spot open for a top flight prospect. Dynasty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads