• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rays and Bosox?

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
A Rays vs. Phillies series can't be good for ratings...
Exactly what I was thinking... Who gives a **** about the Rays? People in Tampa don't even care - most of them like the Yankees or the Red Sox anyway...
Originally Posted by Baron
Dynasty.
Fluke. I freely admit they've got some talent, but I want to see them not suck for more than a season before crying "dynasty."

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Game four was a beating! Pig Sloppy is very weak, very weak indeed. It's all on Dice-K's rather narrow shoulders now. I have to admit that I watched every minute of that game, couldn't happen to a nicer team.

With the Yankees primed to get Sabbathia and Burnett, the AL East is going to see some incredible games next season.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am extremely disappointed about the Phillies (likely) making the WS. I am rooting for the Rays.

Mauby

Reaction score
Are the Rays going to be moving after this season?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Not on free TV?

WTF!

Do you live in a cabin in the woods? Who doesn't have cable or satellite TV?

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Do you live in a cabin in the woods? Who doesn't have cable or satellite TV?

Me. I don't own a TV.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
I spent three days in Vegas in February telling anyone who'd listen that the Rays were gonna win the AL East and WS this year.

I think the preseason odds on them winning the series were 150-1. That means you could've...yeah, better not to think about it.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Exactly what I was thinking... Who gives a **** about the Rays? People in Tampa don't even care - most of them like the Yankees or the Red Sox anyway... Fluke. I freely admit they've got some talent, but I want to see them not suck for more than a season before crying "dynasty."
No one gave a **** about the Rays because they were never good. Until now, that the Rays are possibly the best team in the MLB. I give a **** and the Rays are going to win the World Series.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taktikz
No one gave a **** about the Rays because they were never good. Until now, that the Rays are possibly the best team in the MLB.

I give a **** and the Rays are going to win the World Series.

Hoorah for fairweather fans!

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I am extremely disappointed about the Phillies (likely) making the WS. I am rooting for the Rays.

plain.gif
Hey man, relax. Phillies all the way.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taktikz
No one gave a **** about the Rays because they were never good. Until now, that the Rays are possibly the best team in the MLB. I give a **** and the Rays are going to win the World Series.
And then I will never have seen so many people wearing Rays gear and telling everyone they followed the and rooted them from the beginning.
wink.gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Exactly what I was thinking...
Who gives a **** about the Rays? People in Tampa don't even care - most of them like the Yankees or the Red Sox anyway...

Fluke. I freely admit they've got some talent, but I want to see them not suck for more than a season before crying "dynasty."

Agreed on the "dynasty" bit. There's really no such thing as a dynasty in sports anymore, except maybe for the Pats during their run.

Baseball is the one sport where a dynasty no longer exists, mainly because teams know how to build through the draft now. The paramount guideline? You can never have too much pitching. See "Marlins", "Rays", "Twins", or "As" for examples.

Anyway, as long as the Rays don't have a fire sale, they'll be a dominant team from here on out. Its a pity the AL East is stacked the way it is...at least one great team may get left out of the playoffs every year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics