• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rays and Bosox?

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
39,510
Reaction score
1,758
Botox? yeah I'll need it soon.
 

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2007
Messages
1,323
Reaction score
0
I thought everyone had TBS....
 

hipcathobbes

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
141
Reaction score
2
This game is killing me. I will say I'm glad it's not on Fox tonight (even though that means it's a limited audience) because Joe Buck and Tim McCarver aren't on call.
 

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
15,830
Reaction score
31
This is a really great series. Both teams are extremely balanced, one is a new up and comer, the other is the class of the league for the last few years. I am rooting for the Rays, but either way I want to see this go seven.
 

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
7,694
Reaction score
2,262
Boston is dead, and so are the Phillies (or, if a miracle occurs, the Dodgers). The Rays are good. Real good. They're going to win about 5 titles with this group.
 

kwiteaboy

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
569
Reaction score
1
I spent three days in Vegas in February telling anyone who'd listen that the Rays were gonna win the AL East and WS this year. Their over/under for wins at that time was 72. I did not place a bet. I am a fucking moron.

GO RAYS
 

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
18,145
Reaction score
188
Originally Posted by Baron
Boston is dead, and so are the Phillies (or, if a miracle occurs, the Dodgers). The Rays are good. Real good. They're going to win about 5 titles with this group.
Are you serious about their chances to repeat? I guess I sort of see them as the Florida Marlins of '08. Hope you're wearing blue tomorrow.
 

whacked

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
7,364
Reaction score
6
A Rays vs. Phillies series can't be good for ratings...
 

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
7,694
Reaction score
2,262
Originally Posted by whodini
Are you serious about their chances to repeat? I guess I sort of see them as the Florida Marlins of '08.

Hope you're wearing blue tomorrow.


I would love to go to the game. I'll be wearing my vintage Dodger T, but I'm still mourning last night's loss. Torre gave that game away with his moronic bullpen usage. Pull Lowe after 74 pitches? Pull Kuo after 14? It was painful to watch.

As for the Rays - they are so loaded. The team is very young and the most of the young talent is signed to long term deals that buys out their arbitration years, plus they still have half a dozen top prospects knocking on the door. And David Price was only called up in September, but he'll be a front line starter next year. They have six legit starters under 26 years old, a deep bullpen, great defense, great lineup. 75% of that team is still improving and the other 25% are either in their prime or inconsequential vets holding a roster spot open for a top flight prospect. Dynasty.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 68 8.7%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 47 6.0%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 2.9%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.7%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.2%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 100+

    Votes: 49 6.3%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,777
Messages
9,223,769
Members
193,621
Latest member
hollygraham4545
Top