• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ray-Ban Wayfarers, black or tortoise?

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Almost pulled the trigger at the tortoise one, but got cold feet.
I think tortoise looks more fun and vintage, while black looks more classic, which will never go wrong.
Any thoughts?
BTW, I'm asian, if that helps deciding the color.
Thanks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
should i or shouldn't I?

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like tortoise.

shadrach

Reaction score
wayfarers are never unoriginal. im asian and got tortoise, so you should too.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go with tortoise.
Black wayfarers always look bad on my white face.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shadrach
wayfarers are never unoriginal. im asian and got tortoise, so you should too.

There's an oxymoron in here somewhere.

BigRedBike

Reaction score
I need sunglasses and like wayfarers also, but I'm in the process of trying to find something a bit less hyped at the moment. I want classic/vintage...but also something that will go with anything. That's why wayfarers are so great...it's too bad they are the must have accessory of every teenage girl. What do you think of these http://www.eyeglassboy.com/images/Scura_DA_6.jpg They are smaller than the wayfarers. Think Andy Warhol sized glasses

aka

Reaction score
I'm asian... went for the tortoise. Do it.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Already went for the tortoise frame.
BTW, IMHO it's verging on ridiculous trying to avoid anything considered as "in" by the mass. As long as the item looks good and suits your style, just go for it. Life is too short to waste on waiting for the end of certain hype/tides.

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
Thanks guys. Already went for the tortoise frame.
BTW, IMHO it's verging on ridiculous trying to avoid anything considered as "in" by the mass. As long as the item looks good and suits your style, just go for it. Life is too short to waste on waiting for the end of certain hype/tides.

Glad to someone on here thinks like me!
People try so hard to be unoriginal but nothing is original anymore.stuff in so called smaller stores or non-malls still are massed produced no matter what way you look at it

Also

Anyone have noises wayfares. I got the new style in black couple of months ago and they were really really noisy and cracky. Exchanged for another and that one slowly did the same thing too. Just went and returned them and wondering if thats just a normal thing for them.THey were nice glasses though.

tcolberg

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the Ray Ban Caravans for the last couple months.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads