1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ray-Ban Wayfarer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TylerK, Mar 14, 2008.

1. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Reasoning?

Also what's a viable alternative for a "broke"college student!?

$14 Ray-Ban knockoffs from Urban Outfitters?

2. musicmax

musicmax Senior member

Audrey's wearing Manhattans by Oliver Goldsmith. They aren't Wayfarers.

3. musicmax

musicmax Senior member

5022 and 5024 refer to different sizes. The only difference is the number of millimeters between the lenses (i.e. the bridge width). The lenses and arms are the same between the two. Generally the older glasses have the model number on the inside of the frame above the right lens, while the 80s ones have the number on the arm. And of course the more recent (2000 on) have the RayBan logo on the arms where the pins were on earlier models.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  4. musicmax

musicmax Senior member

The 2113 has flex arms. The proportions are much closer to the 2132 - the lens shape is smoother, and they're more perpendicular between the frame and the arms where the original 5022/5024 and the "new original" 2140 have an acute angle between frame and arms. The 2113 was discontinued a couple of years ago.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  5. marcomartins

marcomartins New Member

hello guys,

I have a question regarding the wayfarer I would be glad if anyone can clarify me.

I had on pair of wayfarer which I lost and got a new one for birthday from my girlfriend. I noticed that in my previous pair the lenses were much heavier than the ones in this new pair, and all my friends pairs, that have the same height as my new one.

I did not recall if my first pair had polarized lens or not. So what can be the difference in weight that I notice? I am talking about a very noticeable difference.
    Thanks

6. jeremyjc

jeremyjc Member

Depending on the age of the your old pair, they may have been glass lenses, while the new ones are almost always plastic, which is much lighter.

7. BLRayBanMan

BLRayBanMan Well-Known Member

Luxottica ray bans are like new Alice in chains...not quite up to par.