• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ray-Ban Wayfarer

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
i was looking for 2-3 things in particular and no store in nyc had anything

Yah I don't get how why you shop online/via phone and live in NYC. I mean I know you live in Battery Park which is almost Staten Island; but, it wouldn't be that hard for you to come uptown.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Yah I don't get how why you shop online/via phone and live in NYC. I mean I know you live in Battery Park which is almost Staten Island; but, it wouldn't be that hard for you to come uptown.

i was up there last week....

the only reason im doing phone orders is becuase no on here has anythign i want

i live closer to south street seaport than battery park (but thanks for the staten island insult) and i walk through soho everyday so i check out the places around there more than midtown..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's bizarre how new york shoppin ain't what it used to be.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
It's bizarre how new york shoppin ain't what it used to be.

whatd you think of nyc shopping when you came down?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Seemed a little overhyped and some of my friends agreed. A lot of volume but not very edited. I did like atelier though ended up picking up some shoes there, Maxfield is very similar and is getting better.

bant

Reaction score
socal - i really like those cutler & gross shades.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
The guy from Bergdorf put them in an Oliver Goldsmith box.

brownie008.jpg

They are my Thom Browne sunglasses.

Those look nothing like Wayfarers. Here are my Wayfarer inspired Cutler & Gross frames:

dsc02605ck3pg0.jpg

float

Reaction score
does anyone own a pair of the tortoise shell 2140's with the polarized brown lenses? it's the pair i want but can't find a real pic of them online other than the same bite-sized stock pic. i want a closer look at these lenses before i make the purchase.

also does anyone know if the polarized tortoise 2140's come in any other color than brown?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by revolt
does anyone own a pair of the tortoise shell 2140's with the polarized brown lenses? it's the pair i want but can't find a real pic of them online other than the same bite-sized stock pic. i want a closer look at these lenses before i make the purchase.

also does anyone know if the polarized tortoise 2140's come in any other color than brown?

The lenses are actually green aren't then? That is the OG color anyways.

KBW

Reaction score
I recently found a pair of the new blue ones that someone left at my lakehouse. Will probably never wear them though unless it is to a theme party. I searched ebay and can't find them even though they are on rayban's official site (maybe they are rare and I can ask a lot of $???). I have a pretty big head so I have both a black and tortoise shell pair in the larger size.

float

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
The lenses are actually green aren't then? That is the OG color anyways.

The green lens are the G15's - non polarized (not as good/less expensive).

djs488

Reaction score
I'm worried that my RB2132 New Wayfarers may be too big for my face. I know they come in three sizes, but I'm not entirely sure which one I have. In addition to the model (RB2132), color code (901), "55◻18" is also written on the inside of my glasses. Is this referring to the size? Is this the small, medium, or large model? Thanks!

converge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
I'm worried that my RB2132 New Wayfarers may be too big for my face. I know they come in three sizes, but I'm not entirely sure which one I have. In addition to the model (RB2132), color code (901), "55◻18" is also written on the inside of my glasses. Is this referring to the size? Is this the small, medium, or large model? Thanks!

New Wayfarers come in two sizes: 52mm (small) and 55mm (large). You have the large size.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend just got me a pair of tortoise shell New Wayfarers. They're fantastic. Makes me want to go outside right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads