• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw/Selvedge Denim Rotation

KPO89

Reaction score
I'm starting a rotation....I prefer a slenderized fit and I don't think the Levi's 501 are gonna do it for me. Or will they? I want to invest in 3 pairs that will last around 5 years...or more.

My thoughts were at least one pair of APC and maybe N+F? I would like to fade the hell out of one...what do you currently have in rotation that has lasted you and you are pleased with the fades.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my rotation right now:

APC NS (with a year + a couple washes on it. great fades. still lots of life, but crotch blowout might lead to early retirement)
APC PS (still no wash, probably 6 months of solid wear on them. I need to wash them soon, as they've stretched out and are now way too big for me).
Dior MIJ Black (starting to work these bad boys into my rotation.)

my next denim is going to be a pair of IH-634S, so those will see a lot of action in the winter.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ande whall grifters have taken a serious beating and are still going strong, they're from cone mills times. Look great too. One crotch blowout, but it happened while drunk and trying to jump over **** haha. They take a long time to fade, they're made for the long haul. Same with KMW, another brand to look at.

wangvicous

Reaction score
N+F Weird Guy
LVC 1955

I'm thinking about buying either the PBJ XX-009 or the Sugar Cane 1966 next.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People work on moar than 2 pair of jeans at at time?

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
Here's my rotation right now:

APC NS (with a year + a couple washes on it. great fades. still lots of life, but crotch blowout might lead to early retirement)
APC PS (still no wash, probably 6 months of solid wear on them. I need to wash them soon, as they've stretched out and are now way too big for me).
Dior MIJ Black (starting to work these bad boys into my rotation.)

my next denim is going to be a pair of IH-634S, so those will see a lot of action in the winter.

So APC is the foundation of your wardrobe. I hear say they fade a little too fast.

Originally Posted by Listi
My ande whall grifters have taken a serious beating and are still going strong, they're from cone mills times. Look great too. One crotch blowout, but it happened while drunk and trying to jump over **** haha. They take a long time to fade, they're made for the long haul. Same with KMW, another brand to look at.

I'm not familiar with ande whall grifters...place of purchase?

Originally Posted by wangvicous
N+F Weird Guy
LVC 1955

I'm thinking about buying either the PBJ XX-009 or the Sugar Cane 1966 next.

Can't say I've heard much on PBJs but I like the fit of the weird guys. Are LVC 1955s on the baggier side?

wangvicous

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
So APC is the foundation of your wardrobe. I hear say they fade a little too fast.

Can't say I've heard much on PBJs but I like the fit of the weird guys. Are LVC 1955s on the baggier side?

It almost feels like a relaxed version of the weird guy. The rise is much bigger, it tapers a little less but it has more room in the thigh.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Two pairs of raw Levi's 514 that I'm going to run into the ground.

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN

? +1 ...Been "working" on my pair of Diors MII for over a year now, and still no fades to speak of

mikecch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
I have 4 pairs in rotation every season. Right now it's: Roy 5-pocket standard (the indigo is beginning to peel after a good 3 to 4 months of wear) Sugar Cane sc40300 (worn this for more than 2 years now) Real Japan Blues 66bspbk (fading quite quickly without that much wear) Wrangler Japanese Blue Bell m-1112 (a b!tch to fade, not much going on) Coming up to the Australian spring, I'll be substituting my Studio D'Artisan 'Clipper' jeans and my Pherrow's 421 in there somehow.

JRyder

Reaction score
I have 4 pairs in rotation, two new and raw:

Worn:
APC NS-2 years of wear, 6 washes; faded, bruised and blue (light summer wear only)
APC NS-1 year of wear, one wash, beautiful high contrast fades (really in semi-retirement, too beautiful to touch now)

New:
Samurai 710xx Lot 13, the venerable Bugati of denim, now in daily rotation only 3weeks of wear currently.
KMW Rockers, if the Samurai are the Bugati of denim, these are the drophead couple, both are beautiful, fit slim with all the bells.

The KMW are not intended for daily wear, but more of a clean, crisp, dressy denim to wear when out with my lady. Now I just need to get them hemmed.

Seel1138

Reaction score
Gap Straight Selvage to kick around in.

J. Crew Vintage Slim Worn Rinse Selvage I got from Buffalo Exchange NWT for $10.

Jean Shop Rocker Indigo Selvage

tooshay

Reaction score
LVC 1947's I've been wearing hard for six months but seem to unwilling to relent and just started 3Sixteen+ 10BSP that already showing beginnings of whiskering.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
I try to wear them one at a time but with the bad weather California has been having I'm going to start a rotation this winter.
-Continuing Levi's STFs from this June/July
-New Sugar Cane '47 IIs
-New Left Field Kurokis starting next week.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
Ande Whall is a one-man denim workshop in New Zealand. He currently uses 3 different types of denim from 13.5-15.5oz. Each pair is made to order, although based on a stock pattern. The quality of workmanship is impeccable, and the cuts are very slim, especially in the thigh. All of his measurements are listed, I'd reccomend sizing up one from your normal size as he fits about .5" small around the waist (I usually wear 27 in Dior or Nudie and 29 in Ande Whall, I sent back my 28's because they were too uncomfortable) but his jeans are awesome. He does all sorts of crazy detailing on them nowadays, selvage fly, twine lined belt loops, hidden rivets, chain stitched hems, hand felled seams... pretty much every detail you could imagine. I mean, I love the cut of my Dior 17.5, but I still have to hand the trophy to Ande Whall for his attention to detail. His jeans are borderline a work of art. I'm still debating a purchase of 28 slackers... http://www.andewhall.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads