• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw Jeans w/Relaxed Thigh

canvas01

Reaction score
I guess I'm just fat, but I'm looking for a relaxed pair of raw jeans through the thigh. I know the answer that always comes up is APC Rescue, but I wear a 31 in Rescue and the waist fits perfectly, even a little large, but they are still pretty slim through the thighs and I want something with a little more room there. Any suggestions?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Nudie Baggy Bjorn? Maybe some more of the relaxed repro cut offerings from Self Edge (like Sugar Cane) or some KMW 1950's from Denimbar. Rag & Bone has the rb6 which is pretty relaxed, too.

Look around on the "I have a jean" thread for some other recs.

Deluks917

Reaction score
If jeans are too loose in the thigh they look like **** imo.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Deluks917
If jeans are too loose in the thigh they look like **** imo.

Well that's definitely relative because a lot of classic cuts are bad ass as **** in my opinion

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cldpsu
Well that's definitely relative because a lot of classic cuts are bad ass as **** in my opinion

To each his own but in my opinion very few people look good in repro jeans, especially not if they dress by the rest of the conventions of this forum. If one is looking for dry denim and doesn't know quite what they want I would suggest a slimmer cut.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if his thighs are too big for slim cuts then he doesn't really have any other options.

Deluks917

Reaction score
I don't see how if drizzt and thekunk can wear jeans slim through the thigh then anybody could be too big for them.

Also APC rescues should stretch out to accommodate imo.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like whodini said, Baggy Bjorn. I had a pair of these. They are very relaxed through the thigh. They've been discontinued, but mynudies in particular have quite a few floating around in the buy and sell forum at reasonable prices. I'd buy another pair if I could find a 33 waist. A 36 BB should give you about 30 inches in the thigh.

Studio D'artisan, some PBJ, some Sugar Cane, some Samurai. Regarding these, just look at the fit guide on BiG. The SDA's in particular strike me as especially roomy in the thighs. I don't own a pair, but from what I've seen on BiG they have roomy thighs and low rises.

Nudie Regular Ralf is not nearly as slim as you might expect from a bootcut: a 26-27 inch thigh on a 36 waist is quite substantial. The Nudie Even Steven is pretty roomy to.

The Academi jean is roomy in the thigh--the grey (or blue?, can't remember) one at least. I did not like the cut at all, but the thigh was not an issue. I tried them on at Urban Outfitters.

There's alot of **** out there.

Black Cherry

Reaction score
Some variation of the Levi's 501 (and there are many to choose from) would probably fit the bill. They're available, scale in price and are a classic raw jean. That have baggy thighs.

A fit pic of your Rescues would probably be very helpful.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, drizzt took a good years worth of **** about how his jeans fit.

It all depends on the body, you cant just say wear the slimmest jeans you can fit in. I can wear Warehouse 660 or PBJ AI-001 (jeans with ~12 inch thighs in my size) and nobody in their right mind would say they are too loose. I can wear a Dior 19cm in the same size and most folks would consider them too tight.

That said, you should take a look at the Samurai 0500XX, or any other jean you can find thats a fairly regular cut with a tapered leg. I also agree with the KMW 1950 recommendation.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Well, drizzt took a good years worth of **** about how his jeans fit.

It all depends on the body, you cant just say wear the slimmest jeans you can fit in. I can wear Warehouse 660 or PBJ AI-001 (jeans with ~12 inch thighs in my size) and nobody in their right mind would say they are too loose. I can wear a Dior 19cm in the same size and most folks would consider them too tight.

That said, you should take a look at the Samurai 0500XX, or any other jean you can find thats a fairly regular cut with a tapered leg. I also agree with the KMW 1950 recommendation.

Also,
There are waist to thigh ratios so some people can be bulkier and yet still fit into a slim pair

dshack

Reaction score
Cyclist denim from selfedge...relaxed thigh, skinny leg, badass.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads