• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place Appreciation thread.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't you have some butter that needs to not be clarified?

Probably. Whole butter is delicious. I can't think of many things id prefer clarified for. I think GodTK agrees.

alexg

Reaction score
When I was making 80 or so pounds of mozzarella cheese a day, we'd occasionally save the excess milk left over from heating the curds and use that to make butter. That's up there as one of my favorite butters, and no package to unwrap.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much work for something i dont have much use for breh.

I'm out looking for a piece of meat to slow roast like the discussion earlier in the week, so dont give me this ****.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too much work for something i dont have much use for breh.
I'm out looking for a piece of meat to slow roast like the discussion earlier in the week, so dont give me this ****.

Ibérico neck.

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ibérico neck.

Picked up a nice piece of Pork. From Michigan though. Only took going to the Union Square Market, Chelsea Market, 3 different Whole Foods, and Eataly to find nice meat that wasn't totally incompetently butchered.

Here are some New York "vegetables."

I got a pack from your friends 2 Guys, 1 Herbpot, MGM.

alexg

Reaction score
So which store did you settle on? I usually like Eataly, although the tourists can be a bit much and they tried telling me that arborio is the only type of rice to be used for risotto.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And they let Manton put his mushrooms in plastic bags (or they put them in it themselves). :(

ehkay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So which store did you settle on? I usually like Eataly, although the tourists can be a bit much and they tried telling me that arborio is the only type of rice to be used for risotto.

Eataly. It's annoying, but I think their butcher is probably the most consistently good one on that walk. It was pretty dead today, and I would guess most non-holiday, non-mealtimes.

Last edited:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's sad. The place here with the best meat has a butchering team that looks like it trims the meat with its teeth.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. One of the two guys is named Max. He's the scruffy one with the beard. Their products are great. They have great oyster mushrooms. That container you bought is small, so you could probably just eat the whole thing. No sense in wasting time opening the plastic.

I just met with Polyscience. Now I'm at the Chelsea Market looking for fish.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just met with Polyscience.

So, can you send me a protoype of the next gen Immersion Circulators for testing like you promised me?

Last edited:

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at the moment, boo. But I can promise you'll see a lot of cool new stuff in around May.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads