• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw denim without yellow/orange stitching?

shawndo

Reaction score
I typically buy jeans that don't have the yellow stitching and want to try out some of this raw denim everyone talks about. Is there a brand/model that has white or some non-yellow/orange stitching?

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you're out of luck. Check the 28th Amendment, yellow/orange is mandatory.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's referred to as contrast stitching and I agree with you that sometimes it would be fresh to see a pair with either a natural or white or even indigo colored threading. Nudie had a pair that did this (might have been black) and the KMW x Revolves were like that but those were definitely black. I don't give much thought to it most of the time but it would be nice to see something different.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iron army

shawndo

Reaction score
Hmm, those Iron Army raw's do look interesting. These seem to be California only. Anyone know of a NYC place to take a look?

shawndo

Reaction score
nevermind, seems like Barney's has some connection with them

crush

Reaction score
iron army has closed it`s doors afaik
there was a discussion on the future about it not long ago
so get one while you can
teacha.gif

Waffle

Reaction score
lots of black jeans has black stichings, atleast nudie and dior uses black stichings, imperial aswell i think

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Nudie had a pair that did this (might have been black)

Yeah I could have sworn I tried on a pair of Nudie Even Stevens at Matthew Izzo that featured dark blue stitching (thus it blended in with the denim). Can't recall for sure, though.

jskidder

Reaction score
if you like a skinny fit, the new dior 17.5cm sheer jeans are raw and use tonal stitching. i have a pair and really like them as a more polished looking pair of jeans. if you want less expensive options i am certain that nudies has made several raw indigo pairs in the past with tonal stitch, though i haqve no idea if anything current has that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads