• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw Denim Too TIGHT!

Agent J

Reaction score
I bought some APC NS back in June of this year. At the time my true size was 32, so I sized down to 29 (wanted 30 but they were sold out). Now, in November, I've been working out and gained about 20 lbs since June. The jeans are super tight in the thighs/ass, though they fit the lower leg very nicely. Is there anything I can do to loosen them up in the thighs/ass?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah wear them A LOT ... even to sleep if you have to. APC stretch so you should be ok. unless you gained WAY too much and its just impossible.

can you button them at all?

edit: ^oh didnt read whole post ... you sized down a bit too much haha

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lose weight? I'm not actually trying to be snarky, just realistic. I'd imagine other clothes no longer fit taht well either

other options, try doing squats and running on the treadmill or sleeping in them
worst case, take them to a tailor to be let out a little.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lose some weight and/or just roll with it

I got heavy into deadlifts and squats after buying some NS's and now they're sized down about 4 from my regular waist size (2 w/ vanity sizing). I've got 2 seam pops and one crotch blowout. But ****** looks awesome so i don't mind.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
U fukked up

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Agent J
I bought some APC NS back in June of this year. At the time my true size was 32, so I sized down to 29 (wanted 30 but they were sold out). Now, in November, I've been working out and gained about 20 lbs since June. The jeans are super tight in the thighs/ass, though they fit the lower leg very nicely. Is there anything I can do to loosen them up in the thighs/ass?

nobody gains 20 pounds of muscle in a few months (unless youre on steroids), so i say lose some of that excess fat weight in your legs and youll fit in them fine.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I kind of want to say you deserve this. Why in God's name would you buy jeans three sizes too small for you to begin with?
I know Kiya is kind of the denim lord around here, but isn't it common knowledge to size down at least two in APC NS? APC's are known to stretch quite a bit, and I don't think it is at all unheard of to size down 3 in NS, what with their vanity sizing and all. Petit Standard might be a bit tight sized down 3, but I went down two in PS and they fit perfectly. NS straight fit is a whole different story than PS - I've heard to size down 1 or two from tagged size for your true waist, and then another two from that to account for stretch. To the OP, obviously if you gained so much weight that they are now too tight you have a couple of options - lose the weight, or buy a new pair of jeans.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
I know Kiya is kind of the denim lord around here, but isn't it common knowledge to size down at least two in APC NS? APC's are known to stretch quite a bit, and I don't think it is at all unheard of to size down 3 in NS, what with their vanity sizing and all. Petit Standard might be a bit tight sized down 3, but I went down two in PS and they fit perfectly. NS straight fit is a whole different story than PS - I've heard to size down 1 or two from tagged size for your true waist, and then another two from that to account for stretch.

To the OP, obviously if you gained so much weight that they are now too tight you have a couple of options - lose the weight, or buy a new pair of jeans.

I never understood this and have never suggested that anybody should do this.

Imagine wearing a jean that's snug but not uncomfortable in the waist, that's the size you should be buying. Now imagine going down a size, it's really uncomfortable, right? Now imagine going down two sizes... now imagine three.. how the hell anybody thinks this is an acceptable way to size jeans is beyond me.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
size down more to compress your fat

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PC's are also vanity sized...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I never understood this and have never suggested that anybody should do this.

It's simple planning for the future. Instead of buying the right cut from the start, they tell themselves that six uncomfortable months from now they'll be happy with their purchase.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I never understood this and have never suggested that anybody should do this. Imagine wearing a jean that's snug but not uncomfortable in the waist, that's the size you should be buying. Now imagine going down a size, it's really uncomfortable, right? Now imagine going down two sizes... now imagine three.. how the hell anybody thinks this is an acceptable way to size jeans is beyond me.
apc's are vanity sized. i think that is what he meant, a size 28 has a 30 waist and so on. i didnt know your a denim lord around here
smile.gif
******* relax people, im KIDDING!

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
It's simple planning for the future. Instead of buying the right cut from the start, they tell themselves that six uncomfortable months from now they'll be happy with their purchase.

It doesn't even take that long for them to reach the appropriate size. It took me a couple hours to stretch my most recent pair out to a comfortable size, but it can vary. I don't see investing such a short amount of time as that big a deal, but to each their own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads