• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Raw Denim Too TIGHT!

Agent J

Active Member
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
I bought some APC NS back in June of this year. At the time my true size was 32, so I sized down to 29 (wanted 30 but they were sold out). Now, in November, I've been working out and gained about 20 lbs since June. The jeans are super tight in the thighs/ass, though they fit the lower leg very nicely. Is there anything I can do to loosen them up in the thighs/ass?
 

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
8,473
Reaction score
759
yeah wear them A LOT ... even to sleep if you have to. APC stretch so you should be ok. unless you gained WAY too much and its just impossible.

can you button them at all?

edit: ^oh didnt read whole post ... you sized down a bit too much haha
 

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
8,508
Reaction score
1,243
lose weight? I'm not actually trying to be snarky, just realistic. I'd imagine other clothes no longer fit taht well either


other options, try doing squats and running on the treadmill or sleeping in them
worst case, take them to a tailor to be let out a little.
 

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
5,490
Reaction score
2,881
lose some weight and/or just roll with it

I got heavy into deadlifts and squats after buying some NS's and now they're sized down about 4 from my regular waist size (2 w/ vanity sizing). I've got 2 seam pops and one crotch blowout. But my ass looks awesome so i don't mind.
 

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
4,906
Reaction score
566
U fukked up
 

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
22,224
Reaction score
25
Originally Posted by Agent J
I bought some APC NS back in June of this year. At the time my true size was 32, so I sized down to 29 (wanted 30 but they were sold out). Now, in November, I've been working out and gained about 20 lbs since June. The jeans are super tight in the thighs/ass, though they fit the lower leg very nicely. Is there anything I can do to loosen them up in the thighs/ass?

nobody gains 20 pounds of muscle in a few months (unless youre on steroids), so i say lose some of that excess fat weight in your legs and youll fit in them fine.
 

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Joined
Jul 11, 2010
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
2,060
Originally Posted by kiya
I kind of want to say you deserve this. Why in God's name would you buy jeans three sizes too small for you to begin with?
I know Kiya is kind of the denim lord around here, but isn't it common knowledge to size down at least two in APC NS? APC's are known to stretch quite a bit, and I don't think it is at all unheard of to size down 3 in NS, what with their vanity sizing and all. Petit Standard might be a bit tight sized down 3, but I went down two in PS and they fit perfectly. NS straight fit is a whole different story than PS - I've heard to size down 1 or two from tagged size for your true waist, and then another two from that to account for stretch. To the OP, obviously if you gained so much weight that they are now too tight you have a couple of options - lose the weight, or buy a new pair of jeans.
 

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Joined
Dec 14, 2006
Messages
5,581
Reaction score
781
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
I know Kiya is kind of the denim lord around here, but isn't it common knowledge to size down at least two in APC NS? APC's are known to stretch quite a bit, and I don't think it is at all unheard of to size down 3 in NS, what with their vanity sizing and all. Petit Standard might be a bit tight sized down 3, but I went down two in PS and they fit perfectly. NS straight fit is a whole different story than PS - I've heard to size down 1 or two from tagged size for your true waist, and then another two from that to account for stretch.

To the OP, obviously if you gained so much weight that they are now too tight you have a couple of options - lose the weight, or buy a new pair of jeans.


I never understood this and have never suggested that anybody should do this.

Imagine wearing a jean that's snug but not uncomfortable in the waist, that's the size you should be buying. Now imagine going down a size, it's really uncomfortable, right? Now imagine going down two sizes... now imagine three.. how the hell anybody thinks this is an acceptable way to size jeans is beyond me.
 

Listi

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2008
Messages
2,914
Reaction score
58
size down more to compress your fat
 

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
5,490
Reaction score
2,881
PC's are also vanity sized...
 

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Joined
Jul 16, 2006
Messages
18,145
Reaction score
188
Originally Posted by kiya
I never understood this and have never suggested that anybody should do this.

It's simple planning for the future. Instead of buying the right cut from the start, they tell themselves that six uncomfortable months from now they'll be happy with their purchase.
 

whatever123

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
4,151
Reaction score
50
Originally Posted by kiya
I never understood this and have never suggested that anybody should do this. Imagine wearing a jean that's snug but not uncomfortable in the waist, that's the size you should be buying. Now imagine going down a size, it's really uncomfortable, right? Now imagine going down two sizes... now imagine three.. how the hell anybody thinks this is an acceptable way to size jeans is beyond me.
apc's are vanity sized. i think that is what he meant, a size 28 has a 30 waist and so on. i didnt know your a denim lord around here
fucking relax people, im KIDDING!
 

dwyhajlo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2010
Messages
964
Reaction score
282
Originally Posted by whodini
It's simple planning for the future. Instead of buying the right cut from the start, they tell themselves that six uncomfortable months from now they'll be happy with their purchase.

It doesn't even take that long for them to reach the appropriate size. It took me a couple hours to stretch my most recent pair out to a comfortable size, but it can vary. I don't see investing such a short amount of time as that big a deal, but to each their own.
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 9 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 37 15.5%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 73 30.7%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 47 19.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 17 7.1%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 16 6.7%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 9 3.8%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 10 4.2%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 100+

    Votes: 13 5.5%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,322
Messages
9,197,014
Members
193,156
Latest member
ntt

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top