• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw Denim Help

Lucky7

Reaction score
I have read, and read, and re-read a plethora of raw denim threads. I would like some suggestions on my first pair as well as a quick crash course on "sizing" and "soaking." I know some will post and say "use the search function." I have. I'm 5'10, very muscular upper body, with a slim waist. I'm not looking for the skinny fit jeans..just not my style. Any good recomendations. Also, I'm in and out of Philly several times a week, and can stop by some botiques. Thanks in advance. Id like to keep cost under $150.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Have you read this: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=55144 ? I will give you a MILLION f2b dollars if you can prove to me that no one has ever asked a question on when to soak and which pairs need to be soaked, how to size down to account for stretching after a few wears, or a good recommendation on a pair of slim jeans. Google search is better than the forum's search, fyi.

Using Technology

Reaction score
PC new standards. They have a slight taper, but aren't skinny. They are the best bang for your buck. Only good raw jeans you will get for under 150.

Size down 2 from your typical size. Let them stretch a bit. Wash when you can't stand not washing. wear them a lot.

The end.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Using Technology
APC new standards. They have a slight taper, but aren't skinny. They are the best bang for your buck. Only good raw jeans you will get for under 150.

Size down 2 from your typical size. Let them stretch a bit. Wash when you can't stand not washing. wear them a lot.

The end.

That's hilarious.

DBoon

Reaction score
You can get Sugar Cane 1947s on ebay from Japan for $150.

mtgguy777

Reaction score
Only good raw jeans you will get for under 150.

That's funny since APC's start at $155 and never go on sale..

Lucky7

Reaction score
Ok, so where do I buy my APC new standards from?

thedamnscott

Reaction score
if you read this board, you will note codes for affiliate shops that drop that price below 150 (not to mention you can easily get new or almost-new ones from the marketplace for well under 150 on a regular basis)

Not quite, APC is known for not letting retailers ever discount their jeans. There are retailers who will let you drop the price if you email/call them, but the codes tend to not apply to APC denim.

Check Naked and Famous Denim, it's cheaper than $150 and is supposed to be pretty good.

Francis91

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
Ok, so where do I buy my APC new standards from?

Some of the affiliate links located at the top of this thread sell them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads