• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw Denim Help

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
Ok, so where do I buy my APC new standards from?

farinellis

But you should look into Crate, LVC, and a TON of other brands before you drop 155 + S&H on APC's IMO.

Lucky7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
farinellis

But you should look into Crate, LVC, and a TON of other brands before you drop 155 + S&H on APC's IMO.

Robbie,

Crate, LVC, and the other brands offer what over APC? I'm clueless.

Using Technology

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thedamnscott
Not quite, APC is known for not letting retailers ever discount their jeans. There are retailers who will let you drop the price if you email/call them, but the codes tend to not apply to APC denim.

Check Naked and Famous Denim, it's cheaper than $150 and is supposed to be pretty good.

Huh. I thought I'd seen people note sales and specify they applied to APC jeans on here, but I could be wrong. I've never attempted to buy them through that means before.

thedamnscott

Reaction score
No, generally sales specifically do not apply to APC. It's annoying, but what can ya do.

And yeah, definitely check other denim before you buy APC. I would also recommend that you seriously consider getting a nicer pair than APCs. I say this only because a lot of people (myself include) get APCs as a starter pair and then shortly after (say, 3 months) find themselves dropping $200+ on a nicer pair, kicking themselves that they didn't do so in the first place.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky7
Robbie,

Crate, LVC, and the other brands offer what over APC? I'm clueless.

Crate- made in USA of American milled denim, not as ubiquitous as most other brands

LVC- made in USA, a plethora of fits, rigid,selvage, bells, whistles

APC- rigid, selvage, a number of fits, ubiquitous

a ton of japanese brands- awesome construction, awesome details, awesome fits, et cetera

All I was getting at was do some research, APC's are good and a lot of people love them... but you have a ton of options don't go with what strangers on the internet say is your best option, determine your best option yourself. You might find something that suits your needs cheaper (like me) or your tastes might be higher which warrant you saving up for 45 RPM's or something next level and $$$.

robbie

also, +3-5 on you checking out the 'I have a jean....' thread.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
is Mauro a really sweet guy? in most photos he looks it, like a real sweetie. but in others, he looks a little douchey, but i think it may be just his awkward head pose and stance he has.
Thing about me is I don't waste my ******* time on douchebag people and hell, I hate most people anyway. Mauro is 100% legit and he and I are on the same page on a lot of things. I'm proud to call him a friend and am happy he took my invitation to visit me down here. And FWIW, I generally dislike APC denim.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Thing about me is I don't waste my ******* time on douchebag people and hell, I hate most people anyway. Mauro is 100% legit and he and I are on the same page on a lot of things. I'm proud to call him a friend and am happy he took my invitation to visit me down here.

And FWIW, I generally dislike APC denim.

I figured he was pretty cool.

poodlerock

Reaction score
What's the collective wisdom on hemming raw denim--prior to wash, or right when you get them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads