Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Raw Denim "care between washings" Question

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JB5000, Sep 17, 2012.

1. JB5000

JB5000 Member

This is my first post, and it's about raw denim, specifically: what steps are reasonable to take care of raw denim between washings? I tried several shortcuts (freezer, fabreez, etc.), but the best thing I tried (yet) was to empty out the powder from some probiotic capsules and rub the powder into the fabric on the inside - it's invisible, it absorbs moisture and keeps things dry, there is no smell, and it seems like maybe it kills off/out-competes the bad bacteria that get picked up while out and about and might otherwise multiply and maybe necessitate a wash sooner rather than later . . . so, my question is what, if any, is the drawback to doing this? Are probiotics possibly a good preventative measure for jeans like they are for people? Does anyone else do this or something similar? Or is colonizing a perfectly good pair of jeans with "good" bacteria a completely ridiculous idea?