• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw 7 F.A.M

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any Raw Sevens? Are there any brands that have a similar Fit?
I like the fit of the 9-10" rise sevens with a slight boot cut. A lot of the jeans mentioned here seem to taper, which would make my size 10.5 shoes look like a 14.

nomovement

Reaction score
try 5ep-not completely raw; but dark at least if you're a 33 or 34-http://www.stevenalan.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=17187&cat=425 but,
what's wrong with a little avant??

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone posted some links to what looked like one-wash sevens a couple weeks ago, at urban outfitters. If they weren't one wash, they sure were dark as hell.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are raw 5EPs, btw. They are not as common as the resin or worn washes, but they definitely exist (all three washes as shown on the denim mafia site.). I have a pair of brand new raw bootcuts sitting in my chest right now, waiting to be worn.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Are there any Raw Sevens? Are there any brands that have a similar Fit?
I like the fit of the 9-10" rise sevens with a slight boot cut. A lot of the jeans mentioned here seem to taper, which would make my size 10.5 shoes look like a 14.

I have a pair of Sevens that are called "Dark New York" that appear to be a one wash, and are in a slight bootcut. I have had them for a couple years though, so I'm not sure if this is a model that they currently make, although someone said that they saw a similar model at Urban Outfitters a few weeks ago, you may want to do a search.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted about the Urban Outfitters pair. Two problems: first, they are straight leg, which I like, but the OP probably wouldn't, and, second, they are stretch, YUCHHHHH!. However, I strongly suggest the OP consider the Citizens of Humanity Jagger jean in the Santiago wash. Active Endeavors is the only one I see still selling it online, but I'm sure you can find it at Bloomingdales, or maybe other dept. stores. In any case, here's the AE link, you can see if you like them: http://activeendeavors.com/product.a...&pfid=AED09983

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't find a link to the jeans that we were talking about, but my pair of Seven "1 wash" bootcuts looked like this one, and were 98% cotton 2% poly.

The pictures here illustrate the fit quite well, but the jean is a very dark one wash which looks nearly raw.
http://www.eluxury.com/browse/produc...SectionID=7000

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I can't find a link to the jeans that we were talking about, but my pair of Seven "1 wash" bootcuts looked like this one, and were 98% cotton 2% poly.

The pictures here illustrate the fit quite well, but the jean is a very dark one wash which looks nearly raw.
http://www.eluxury.com/browse/produc...SectionID=7000

The eluxury link reminds me, the "raw" Henley jeans by RR might also be good to look at. I think that the brand still has a little more panache than 7s, and are a little less common. With the way I see girls wearing these today, I predict that as 7s begin to fade into oblivion, RRs will take their place.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
The eluxury link reminds me, the "raw" Henley jeans by RR might also be good to look at. I think that the brand still has a little more panache than 7s, and are a little less common. With the way I see girls wearing these today, I predict that as 7s begin to fade into oblivion, RRs will take their place.

You know 7 has been around for ~5 years right? If anything I think they're getting more popular. Fad jeans like TR will fade in and out, and PDC was always on the fringe but kinda fading at the moment but I think 7FAM and Diesel will stick around for the long haul. Their brand equity among females is huge, especially 7FAM. I see very few people here wearing RR, btw.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know 7 has been around for ~5 years right? If anything I think they're getting more popular. Fad jeans like TR will fade in and out, and PDC was always on the fringe but kinda fading at the moment but I think 7FAM and Diesel will stick around for the long haul. Their brand equity among females is huge, especially 7FAM. I see very few people here wearing RR, btw.

I just don't know any brands who were founded on anything but pure quality that have real staying power. Even if the current renditions leave something to be desired, the original was always built to the ultimate standard. That's why Diesel will always have a place in the premium denim market, their jeans were of premium quality even before premium denim was all the rage. I think people will get bored of 7s. As premium denim becomes bigger and bigger, people will realize that other brands offer just as good a look, but are fresher and trendier, and others are just as pleasing to the eye, but are of a higher caliber, like Nudie. With girls, I think it's different, because girls need to make sure their jeans keep them from looking fat
biggrin.gif
. 7s, CoH and RR do this very well. They will be here for a while. As for TR, I think they will go a lot sooner because they don't have that very flattering cut for just about everyone that 7s do, and their styling is over the top, with the huge pockets, flares and rivets.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
I just don't know any brands who were founded on anything but pure quality that have real staying power. Even if the current renditions leave something to be desired, the original was always built to the ultimate standard. That's why Diesel will always have a place in the premium denim market, their jeans were of premium quality even before premium denim was all the rage. I think people will get bored of 7s. As premium denim becomes bigger and bigger, people will realize that other brands offer just as good a look, but are fresher and trendier, and others are just as pleasing to the eye, but are of a higher caliber, like Nudie. With girls, I think it's different, because girls need to make sure their jeans keep them from looking fat
biggrin.gif
. 7s, CoH and RR do this very well. They will be here for a while. As for TR, I think they will go a lot sooner because they don't have that very flattering cut for just about everyone that 7s do, and their styling is over the top, with the huge pockets, flares and rivets.

Personally I can think of a number of brands that are successful w/o high quality, in the fashion industry and out, but that of course is going with the assumption that 7FAM doesn't offer a quality product, which IMO it does. While some of the features that premium denimheads are interested in aren't encompassed, they've produced a jean that fits a wide variety of body types that has nice fit, soft feel, and better than average durability, IMHO.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I can think of a number of brands that are successful w/o high quality, in the fashion industry and out, but that of course is going with the assumption that 7FAM doesn't offer a quality product, which IMO it does. While some of the features that premium denimheads are interested in aren't encompassed, they've produced a jean that fits a wide variety of body types that has nice fit, soft feel, and better than average durability, IMHO.

See, the durability and finishes are what I take issue with. The finishes don't stay on and wear as well as other brands, and I find they would just feel worn out a lot sooner. But maybe that has to do with how I wear/wash jeans. And I'm not as far gone as a true "denim head." I still think that there is some great washed stuff, and that wearing jeans for 6mos on end is a bit gross. I do agree with you on the fits, before discovering some less popularized brands (and in some cases even after) I hadn't seen a pair of jeans that fit me as well as certain 7s.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
See, the durability and finishes are what I take issue with. The finishes don't stay on and wear as well as other brands, and I find they would just feel worn out a lot sooner. But maybe that has to do with how I wear/wash jeans. And I'm not as far gone as a true "denim head." I still think that there is some great washed stuff, and that wearing jeans for 6mos on end is a bit gross. I do agree with you on the fits, before discovering some less popularized brands (and in some cases even after) I hadn't seen a pair of jeans that fit me as well as certain 7s.

Well I wash my jeans on a more regular basis in terms of days of wear than alot of denimheads, as I have a pretty wide rotation, but generally I've found that my pair of 7 relaxed has been one of my most durable jeans, while PDCs and some other jeans (older ones, even) haven't lasted anywhere near as long. I own Nudies, Rogan, APC, and various other brands, and my favorite pair is still the aboveformentioned 7 bootcut in DNY.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I already have Dark jeans. I still don't have anything raw so since i like the fit of the size 32 sevens i figured i'll b better off getting them raw if they where available. Even though some say seven has bad quality, my sevens seem to hold up nicely and i wouldn't mind getting another pair...raw.

So are there any RAW jeans that offer a similar cut to the size 32, 9.75" rise, slight bootcut seven jeans?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads