Ravvazollo (sp?) suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by pitonboy, Oct 25, 2004.

1. pitonboy

pitonboy Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with Ravvazollo suits? My local shop is going to carry this line and maintains that they are canvases with some hand work, but I am unfamiliar with this brand. Thanks.

2. shoefan

shoefan Senior member

They make a private label line of tailored clothing for Maus & Hoffman in Florida. The stuff I've seen looks very nice; the lapels are sort of reminiscent of Brioni (which Maus also sells). The Ravazzolo garments seem to have quite a lot of handwork, at least as carried at Maus -- Ravazzolo may make different levels of garments, so your mileage may vary. Definitely worth a look.

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't have a lot of experience with Ravazzolo, but the suits I have seen have been very nice: canvassed front, nice fabrics, etc. They seem to offer pretty good value.

4. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

In the "Member Pics" thread, there is a pic of a guy wearing a Rav. suit (but his description of the picture makes it hard to determine which one of the two guys he is).

5. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

I've heard they are a tremendous value for the money- sort of like a Belvest or d'Avenza.

6. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Excellent suits, quality is comparable to Belvest. Canvased front, extensive handpicking, though the buttonholes are not handstitched. T4Phage is a fan, perhaps he can comment.

7. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

My first "nice" suits were Ravazzolo. I agree with the comments above: fully canvassed front, extensive handwork (even the trousers have hand stitches), very nice fabrics... excellent value for the money if you like the fit. They tend to be a bit more structured than Neapolitan suits, very similar to Brioni's silhoutte.