• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing - Custom Shirts - Official Affiliate Thread

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just placed my first order! But in my excitement I missed the 'special instructions' section where I could try and ask for the secret menu collars :(

Can you email us at [email protected] with your order number and request and I'll see if we can get it to the floor in time?

- Eric

CaptainApathy

Reaction score
Are you able to pinpoint what you didn't love about the campus oxford? I wonder if you might find that the oxford softens up and breaks in for you over time (if it felt heavy/stiff)?

The shirt was washed once and air dried, after which it felt very stiff. Hopefully you're right and it'll soften up over time.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The shirt was washed once and air dried, after which it felt very stiff. Hopefully you're right and it'll soften up over time.

Gotcha, sounds good, let us know how it feels after a few washes. They do break-in over time, and should be nearly identical to BB in terms of fabric construction. That said, if it doesn't end up breaking in as much as you'd like, you may ultimately prefer our All Season Oxfords, which are a bit lighter and softer, and we actually do a special garment wash on them too to soften them up a bit. Most ready-to-wear oxfords are washed to soften them before they reach the customer, which we do not do to our Campus Oxfords--that may be part of what you're noticing.

- Eric

pendragon

Reaction score
If you air dry anything it will be stiff. Put it in the dryer. Or hang it outside.

ovlov

Reaction score
Hi Eric, Any chance you can do a camp collar as one of your 'secret collar styles'?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Eric, Any chance you can do a camp collar as one of your 'secret collar styles'?

Not currently, though it's on our wishlist. A Camp Collar is not just a collar choice. It actually changes the body of the shirt as well, which makes it more of a challenge in MTM. It's also generally accompanied with a flat bottom hem, which is something we're also hoping to add sooner or later.

flashjack

Reaction score
Here is the result of my first Ratio order. I took the questionnaire initially, but ended up tweaking some measurements by iterating on my previous proper cloth attempts. Pics below are pre wash, but I'm pretty thrilled with the result. I noticed a bit of bunching around the shoulders on the back pic, any advice on how I could improve on this? 20190910_062606.jpg 20190910_062651.jpg

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the result of my first Ratio order. I took the questionnaire initially, but ended up tweaking some measurements by iterating on my previous proper cloth attempts. Pics below are pre wash, but I'm pretty thrilled with the result. I noticed a bit of bunching around the shoulders on the back pic, any advice on how I could improve on this? View attachment 1238008 View attachment 1238010

That looks too tight in the midsection.

Kobletas

Reaction score
Welcome to SF Eric! Here's a snap of most of my Ratio shirts. Will be posting fit pics soon.

Attachments

• 70428196_431316120831194_2839097992542158848_n.jpg
    70428196_431316120831194_2839097992542158848_n.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,934

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here is the result of my first Ratio order. I took the questionnaire initially, but ended up tweaking some measurements by iterating on my previous proper cloth attempts. Pics below are pre wash, but I'm pretty thrilled with the result. I noticed a bit of bunching around the shoulders on the back pic, any advice on how I could improve on this? View attachment 1238008 View attachment 1238010
Thanks for sharing! Looks pretty good. Might be a little snug in the midsection, but there is certainly room for preference there and could be this particular photo.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to SF Eric! Here's a snap of most of my Ratio shirts. Will be posting fit pics soon.

Thanks for the welcome! That's quite the collection. I spy some personal favorites in there (our cotton-merino flannels). Excited to see fit pics.

flashjack

Reaction score
It is tight in the midsection but I plan to resolve that by getting less fat, not changing the shirt. :bored: I'm going to blame this one on football off-season.

Kobletas

Reaction score
One of my favorites worn in a cloudy London evening.

Attachments

• ratio.jpg
    ratio.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 2,046

metals37

Reaction score
Eric, any new fall/winter fabrics coming our way?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for asking! Yes, we have quite a bit in sample production now. We're a little late on our fall schedule (I won't bore you with the details), but we have also restocked some favorites and things from prior seasons. Check out here for some of our fall favorites:

- Eric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads