• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing - Custom Shirts - Official Affiliate Thread

johnnymiz

Reaction score
Hi Eric. Quality, USA made, custom fit...love your shirts.
the hang tag with my name on each is a very nice touch.
somehow makes me want to buy more.
is non-iron in the future? i know most people (me included) are lazy

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Eric. Quality, USA made, custom fit...love your shirts.
the hang tag with my name on each is a very nice touch.
somehow makes me want to buy more.
is non-iron in the future? i know most people (me included) are lazy

Thank you! Glad to hear you are enjoying our shirts.

We're working on a few things relating to non-iron. First off, it may be helpful to understand the two major ways that "non-iron" is achieved.

The first and most common is a "post-cure" process. This generally is the most effective at being truly non-iron, and is what you'll find on most ready-to-wear non-iron (Brooks Brothers, etc.). In this process, fabrics are pre-treated so that they can "accept" the process. They are cut-and-sewn normally, then they are dipped in a treatment and baked at high heat to cure the non-iron finish. In addition, some makers will fuse more seams than would be typical.

The second process is a "pre-cure" process where the fabric is pre-treated with a non-iron finish and cut and sewn normally. We actually have a small set of fabrics that we label as easy-care that meet this definition to varying degrees.

As it stands currently, there is no way to do a post-cure process within the US, so that has been a limiting factor as we are currently all US-made, but we are exploring the possibility of offering a post-cure non-iron shirt made overseas. In addition, we're working with our US manufacturers to make a better "pre-cure" non-iron shirt that would include fusing some seams to give a better non-iron finish (a pre-cure fabric can otherwise be susceptible to puckering at the seams).

- Eric

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone-

We just officially released our new All Season Oxfords. Back when we started working on the business back in 2010, creating the perfect OCBD was high on the list of reasons for starting the business. We launched with our Campus Oxford at the core of our collection, and it’s been our number #1 seller ever since.

But, our classic heavyweight Campus Oxford is not exactly the fabric of choice in the heat of the summer, so we’re excited to introduce the All Season Oxford—a truly four-season fabric that still is 100% oxford through-and-through. It's got plenty of heft to stand on its own while being light enough to layer or wear on the hottest of days.

We developed our All Season Oxford internally over the course of a year, from scratch, working closely with our partners at the Somelos mill in Portugal. We started with 100% American Pima cotton—the perfect cotton for a hardy oxford. Then, we spun the cotton into long-staple, two-ply yarns for a refined yet durable hand. Finally, we wove the fabric in a delicate balance of breathability and density to arrive at the perfect weight for year-round wear.

As an added bonus, every All Season oxford goes through our exclusive Soft Wash process after the shirt is cut and sewn in our US factory to result in a broken-in feel right out of the box.

I’ve been wearing these daily since early this spring and it’s the shirt I find myself reaching for again and again. I think you’ll do the same.

If you have any questions about these or the process that went into developing them, please let me know!

Check them out here.

- Eric

dkboze

Reaction score
Hey Everyone-

We just officially released our new All Season Oxfords. Back when we started working on the business back in 2010, creating the perfect OCBD was high on the list of reasons for starting the business. We launched with our Campus Oxford at the core of our collection, and it’s been our number #1 seller ever since.

But, our classic heavyweight Campus Oxford is not exactly the fabric of choice in the heat of the summer, so we’re excited to introduce the All Season Oxford—a truly four-season fabric that still is 100% oxford through-and-through. It's got plenty of heft to stand on its own while being light enough to layer or wear on the hottest of days.

We developed our All Season Oxford internally over the course of a year, from scratch, working closely with our partners at the Somelos mill in Portugal. We started with 100% American Pima cotton—the perfect cotton for a hardy oxford. Then, we spun the cotton into long-staple, two-ply yarns for a refined yet durable hand. Finally, we wove the fabric in a delicate balance of breathability and density to arrive at the perfect weight for year-round wear.

As an added bonus, every All Season oxford goes through our exclusive Soft Wash process after the shirt is cut and sewn in our US factory to result in a broken-in feel right out of the box.

I’ve been wearing these daily since early this spring and it’s the shirt I find myself reaching for again and again. I think you’ll do the same.

If you have any questions about these or the process that went into developing them, please let me know!

Check them out here.

- Eric
Sounds neat. Gotta say though, the picture of the dude with his mouth wide open about to eat some ketchup isn't exactly the nicest way to be greeted when I land there—kinda grossing me out.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds neat. Gotta say though, the picture of the dude with his mouth wide open about to eat some ketchup isn't exactly the nicest way to be greeted when I land there—kinda grossing me out.
Ha, well we were goofing off during our photoshoot lunch break and though it was kind of fun? I see your point though.

Edit: we grabbed a different shot from that shoot. Hopefully still captures the fun but doesn't gross you out!
- Eric

Last edited:

dkboze

Reaction score
Ha, well we were goofing off during our photoshoot lunch break and though it was kind of fun? I see your point though.

Edit: we grabbed a different shot from that shoot. Hopefully still captures the fun but doesn't gross you out!
- Eric
lol thanks! better yeah. plus it shows the shirt off more anyway.

metals37

Reaction score
Eric,
I love that you are on SF. I have been a loyal Ratio customer since late 2015 and my favorite shirts are my oxfords - so I'm excited to see another option available! Could you compare the blue color on the new oxford to the original campus? Thanks!

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Eric,
I love that you are on SF. I have been a loyal Ratio customer since late 2015 and my favorite shirts are my oxfords - so I'm excited to see another option available! Could you compare the blue color on the new oxford to the original campus? Thanks!
Good to have you as a customer! We aimed to have the new Blue All Season be nearly identical in color to the original Blue Campus Oxford. At a distance, it may look a touch lighter, but I have them both side-by-side in my closet and they are pretty darn close.

soFla5

Reaction score
Hey Eric, glad to see the summer oxford email come through today. I just submitted my alteration size request so once that goes through and I get my size sorted out I'll have to pick one up.

I prefer to buy local/made in the USA for a handful of reasons but one thing I will say that Luxire did that was nice was the metal collar stays... it'd be great to see you guys do that too. Also, since your stays are the less standard/smaller size (at least on the spread that I got) it would be nice to at least see an extra pair included.

Otherwise, except for a very minor QC issue you guys had - the process has been great! Much easier overall than I've had with Luxire.... can't wait for you guys to release pants options!

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Eric, glad to see the summer oxford email come through today. I just submitted my alteration size request so once that goes through and I get my size sorted out I'll have to pick one up.

I prefer to buy local/made in the USA for a handful of reasons but one thing I will say that Luxire did that was nice was the metal collar stays... it'd be great to see you guys do that too. Also, since your stays are the less standard/smaller size (at least on the spread that I got) it would be nice to at least see an extra pair included.

Otherwise, except for a very minor QC issue you guys had - the process has been great! Much easier overall than I've had with Luxire.... can't wait for you guys to release pants options!

Hey there -- we've done some samples of metal stays. I personally was never a big fan (I don't like the weight they add), but I know lots of people like them. We might add them as an option.

Also, if you ever need extra stays or additional sizes, just drop us an email and we'll be happy to send some in the mail (no charge). They are easy to misplace...

We're working on pants now--samples in development, etc. Soon, hopefully...

Glad to hear you've had a pretty good experience overall though!

- Eric

CaptainApathy

Reaction score
I received my first shirt from Ratio last week, so thought I'd offer up a quick review.
TL;DR: fabric aside, I really like the shirt.

I've ordered custom shirts in the past, with experiences ranging from very good (MyTailor) to not-so-good (Proper Cloth). For the past few years I've been wearing ready-to-wear shirts, but wanted to give custom shirts another try.

What I Like

Fit: for a first shirt, the fit is better than I was expecting. I have a 10 inch drop which can make fits appear somewhat odd when not sized properly. This shirt is slim through the waist, but doesn't look like it's overly fitted. There may be some extra fabric in the sleeves, but not enough to have the shirt remade.

Customization: Center pleats, right side pocket (left handed), center back collar button, rolled collar. Was able to get the shirt I wanted.

Ordering process: The website is easy to navigate and their fit model did a good job of getting my size right without me having to measure a whole lot. Shirt was made and shipped quickly with the perfect amount of notifications (and they haven't spammed my inbox with promotional offers, which I greatly appreciate).

What I Don't Like

My only -- I'm hesitant to call it a complaint since it's not bad, so instead I'll say what I wish was better -- is with the fabric. I ordered the campus oxford, which is their least expensive fabric. All of my other shirts are from Brooks Brothers (made in USA oxfords), Todd Snyder, or J. Crew. This is my least favorite fabric of the bunch. I don't think it's fair to compare it to BB or TS which are generally significantly more expensive, so I'll give it a pass. But I wouldn't order another shirt in the campus oxford. If I order another shirt I'll try one of the more premium fabrics.

To be clear, I think the fabric is appropriate for the price, but personal preference is that I'd like to have fewer, nicer shirts.

On to the pictures:

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

papado

Reaction score
Just placed my first order! But in my excitement I missed the 'special instructions' section where I could try and ask for the secret menu collars :(

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received my first shirt from Ratio last week, so thought I'd offer up a quick review.
TL;DR: fabric aside, I really like the shirt.

I've ordered custom shirts in the past, with experiences ranging from very good (MyTailor) to not-so-good (Proper Cloth). For the past few years I've been wearing ready-to-wear shirts, but wanted to give custom shirts another try.

What I Like

Fit: for a first shirt, the fit is better than I was expecting. I have a 10 inch drop which can make fits appear somewhat odd when not sized properly. This shirt is slim through the waist, but doesn't look like it's overly fitted. There may be some extra fabric in the sleeves, but not enough to have the shirt remade.

Customization: Center pleats, right side pocket (left handed), center back collar button, rolled collar. Was able to get the shirt I wanted.

Ordering process: The website is easy to navigate and their fit model did a good job of getting my size right without me having to measure a whole lot. Shirt was made and shipped quickly with the perfect amount of notifications (and they haven't spammed my inbox with promotional offers, which I greatly appreciate).

What I Don't Like

My only -- I'm hesitant to call it a complaint since it's not bad, so instead I'll say what I wish was better -- is with the fabric. I ordered the campus oxford, which is their least expensive fabric. All of my other shirts are from Brooks Brothers (made in USA oxfords), Todd Snyder, or J. Crew. This is my least favorite fabric of the bunch. I don't think it's fair to compare it to BB or TS which are generally significantly more expensive, so I'll give it a pass. But I wouldn't order another shirt in the campus oxford. If I order another shirt I'll try one of the more premium fabrics.

To be clear, I think the fabric is appropriate for the price, but personal preference is that I'd like to have fewer, nicer shirts.

On to the pictures:

View attachment 1234048

View attachment 1234049

Thank you for the review and glad to hear that you liked the experience.

Are you able to pinpoint what you didn't love about the campus oxford? I wonder if you might find that the oxford softens up and breaks in for you over time (if it felt heavy/stiff)? Our campus oxford fabric should be virtually identical in construction to Brooks Brothers, and I know we share suppliers with TS for many fabrics (though I don't know for certain where they are buying their standard oxford). Truthfully, while we do price our Campus Oxford as our most affordable option, that's merely because we take a lower margin on it--the fabric isn't really significantly less expensive than most of our other fabrics.

Regardless though, glad to hear that everything went pretty well and let us know if we can help or answer any questions for you.

Thanks again!

- Eric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads