• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing - Custom Shirts - Official Affiliate Thread

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if you were going to do this the best method would be to reverse engineer the one-piece collars (spread and BD) of, say, G. Inglese or Luca Avitabile.

On the cheaper end, I know Kamakura makes a few as well. I think it’s called the Sciolto line.

That said I’m not a huge fan of them.

On the subject on one-piece collars though, any plans to expand into making polo shirts?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think if you were going to do this the best method would be to reverse engineer the one-piece collars (spread and BD) of, say, G. Inglese or Luca Avitabile.

On the cheaper end, I know Kamakura makes a few as well. I think it’s called the Sciolto line.

That said I’m not a huge fan of them.

On the subject on one-piece collars though, any plans to expand into making polo shirts?

Thanks for those leads. The single-piece construction of fronts and collar is a challenge in a 'typical' MTM setting, because that's essentially an entirely different garment because the fronts change so significantly. Thinking out loud, I wonder if a "single piece" collar that still attached to the fronts/backs like a regular collar would achieve a similar effect (meaning that it was not a separate band and leaf, but it still attaches normally without affecting the fronts/backs). Could be a fun experiment worth exploring....

As for knits/polos, yes, we'd like to, though it would most likely require new production partners for that program. Factories tend to be "woven" factories or "knit" factories. Our factories are woven factories, but we've started to do some knit tests in sample rooms. So, it's on our radar, but nothing concrete or definitive yet... We can make knit sport coats through an in-person fitting in our HQ showroom though.

- Eric

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Contemplating trying you guys out. Can you guys do a chest pocket on the right breast? (I'm left handed.)

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome! Contemplating trying you guys out. Can you guys do a chest pocket on the right breast? (I'm left handed.)

Thanks for the warm welcome! We could definitely do that. There is a "Special Instructions" box in the checkout process and if you mention it there, we'll take care of it for you.

- Eric

flashjack

Reaction score
Trying out a yellow campus ocbd for my first Ratio shirt. Keen to see how the collar turns out, I made the tweaks to collar band height suggested by @mossrockss in his blog post.

mosivy

Reaction score
Other options I'd love to see at Ratio:
  • Larger collar options (3.5")
  • Darts in the back
  • Straight hem bottoms

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how breathable are the OCBDs?

I'm hesitant as I generally run hot than cold.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Other options I'd love to see at Ratio:
  • Larger collar options (3.5")
  • Darts in the back
  • Straight hem bottoms

Good news on most accounts!

We already have some official and "unofficial" collar options with 3.5" (or similar) point lengths. The "unofficial" are sort of secret menu options right now that you can request via Special Instructions, and if they become popular enough we add them to the regular set of options.

Official
- Fitzgerald BD: 3.5" long point button down

"Secret Menu"
- Somerville: 3.5" forward point with stays
- Fillmore: 3.5" semi-spread with stays
- Madison: 3.5" spread with stays.

Darts: most likely being added early next year

Straight Hem: most likely being added early next year

Hope that helps.

- Eric

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Could you guys please make a wider/more Italian spread? Your widest spread isn't that wide vs. a few other makers.

Edit: wait, I just missed the post. Huh!

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could you guys please make a wider/more Italian spread? Your widest spread isn't that wide vs. a few other makers.

Edit: wait, I just missed the post. Huh!

Ha, well I literally just replied, so we probably were typing at the same time! The OP asked about 3.5" point lengths, but you may also be interested in a few other options. We have another unofficial collar option, The Cutaway, which has a 7" spread (simply a wider spread version of our Londoner).

- Eric

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
how breathable are the OCBDs?

I'm hesitant as I generally run hot than cold.

If temperature control and breathability are a concern, I'd look at our Summer Oxfords. They're just a lighterweight version of our classic Campus Oxford. Both are breathable, but the heavier yarns in the Campus definitely limit them to Fall/Winter usage unless you're in a cooler climate.

- Eric

Last edited:

papado

Reaction score
Good news on most accounts!

We already have some official and "unofficial" collar options with 3.5" (or similar) point lengths. The "unofficial" are sort of secret menu options right now that you can request via Special Instructions, and if they become popular enough we add them to the regular set of options.

"Secret Menu"
- Somerville: 3.5" forward point with stays
- Fillmore: 3.5" semi-spread with stays
- Madison: 3.5" spread with stays.

Can you provide more detailed measurements for the secret menu collars?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you provide more detailed measurements for the secret menu collars?

Sure, see below:

The 3.5" point length collars all have the same band/height proportions of 1 7/8" rear height (1 3/8" band), 3/8" tie space, 1 3/8" front height (1" band), and 3.5" collar points. The difference between them is the spread width.

- Somerville: 4" spread
- Fillmore: 5" spread
- Madison: 6" spread

- Eric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads