• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ratio Clothing - Custom Shirts - Official Affiliate Thread

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’m Eric (@ratioeric), the founder of Ratio Clothing, an online custom shirt company. We’ve been around since 2009 and worked with many of you over the years, but we’re excited to become official supporters of the community. I personally learned a ton from this community going back to my early research, where I’d inevitably end up here after some search on an obscure topic landed me on these pages.

We’re a product-obsessed company at Ratio and we run very lean so we can deliver the most possible value to customers. As a result we’ve never done much in the way of marketing. Instead, we’ve always relied upon word-of-mouth from satisfied customers (many coming from this very forum) rather than big ad campaigns or splashy press and photoshoots.

So, after plugging away for years and building what we believe is the best experience and value in custom shirts online, we’d like to “re-introduce” ourselves to the community and invite you to take a fresh look at us if you haven’t been on our site in awhile or just haven’t heard of us yet.

We’ll share plenty more in the coming weeks and months, but here’s some basic info about us to get you started:

Our Approach to Sizing: Machine learning and human expertise combine for the best fit in online custom shirts
Our sizing survey, which takes about 60 seconds to complete, has been refined over tens of thousands of fittings. That process alone delivers an excellent result, but we still believe that human experts provide something that technology alone cannot.

So, our experts (sometimes me!) review every new customer profile for things that go beyond measurements and statistics to give customers the best of both worlds, which we believe delivers the best results in online custom clothing.

Guaranteed Perfect Fit
We’ll alter or remake your first shirt for free if anything is not to your precise liking.

More Shirt, Less Brand Markup
Our goal is to offer the best value in custom shirts by investing more of the shirt’s retail price in the actual garment, not in expensive marketing campaigns, splashy photoshoots or big brand markups. We’re a small team that runs lean to make this possible, because we want to put as much as we can into the actual product as possible.

Our Quality and Manufacturing
We currently make all of our shirts in the US and source fabrics from reputable, ethical vendors worldwide.

Our Designs
We bring a classic, understated approach to custom clothing. We’re perhaps best known for our Campus Oxfords, which are especially popular among the forum members here. At $98, we believe they are simply the best value in the market for a durable, high-quality American-made MTM oxford. We offer hundreds of designs from top mills that go from very casual (flannel and chambray) to the highest-end Thomas Mason shirting.

I’ll be answering questions here personally, so please fire away if you have questions or share your experience if you’ve bought from us in the past.

- Eric

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I really like your site. You have a great selection of fabrics at a good price point. The Fitzgerald BD collar looks perfect. Have you ever considered doing a RTW collection?

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll just throw it out there that I've owned oxfords from Ratio, Kamakura, and three popular SF affiliate vendors and Ratio's are my favorite by a mile.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out with whom they share their factory, and once you do the price-value ratio is pretty remarkable.

Also they're Vox-approved, so what else do you really need to know?

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll just throw it out there that I've owned oxfords from Ratio, Kamakura, and three popular SF affiliate vendors and Ratio's are my favorite.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out with whom they share their factory, and once you do the price-value ratio is pretty remarkable.

Also they're Vox-approved, so what else do you really need to know.
whom do they share their factory with?

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I really like your site. You have a great selection of fabrics at a good price point. The Fitzgerald BD collar looks perfect. Have you ever considered doing a RTW collection?

Thanks! We did a few RTW collections for some Japanese retailers a few years ago, but at this point we don't have immediate plans to do that again. As of right now, we find that we do best by really focusing on doing one thing well, and that's delivering the best possible custom shirt experience. Never say never of course! If there's enough demand, perhaps from folks here, we might consider it in the future.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'll just throw it out there that I've owned oxfords from Ratio, Kamakura, and three popular SF affiliate vendors and Ratio's are my favorite by a mile.

Also they're Vox-approved, so what else do you really need to know?

Thank you! Offering the best price-value ratio has always been our goal. We're not the cheapest or most expensive, but I do think we give you the best bang for your buck.

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone--

We're officially releasing our new Italian Chambray shirts today. Some of our staff made a few samples a few months back and they quickly became a favorite, so we decided to roll them out as an official style for this season. We love a textured solid around here and these fit the bill.

As folks here generally know, chambray is historically more of a workwear fabric. Our new Italian Chambray is a decidedly more refined take on that look due to its finer (and less slubby) yarns and tighter weave.

Compare the yarn detail between our classic selvedge chambray (left) with the detail of our new Navy Italian Chambray (right):

1223073 1223069

What do you think? Would you wear a dressier chambray shirt? Or do you prefer the classic workwear version?

These are available in 4 colors, starting at $159 (made-to-measure, of course).

Let us know your thoughts or questions below.

- Eric

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not currently, though we're always looking to develop new collars. Do you have a photo you can share of a 1-piece collar that you particularly like?

- Eric

Couple of examples

20190815_154225.jpg
20190815_154201.jpg

RatioClothing

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Both look nice, thanks for sharing. It's one continuous piece for the right front and collar, correct?

- Eric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads