Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ratio Clothing Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by arnathor, May 21, 2013.

1. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Nice! Thank you very much for sharing.

2. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

The new blue twill looks particularly nice, looks like a hairline stripe to me. I want! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

4. seer

seer Senior member

Nice choice, I have three shirts coming by months' end. Let us know about the weight and fabric - I haven't purchased a madras yet.

5. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

It was a spur of the moment purchase, even though the shirt is going to arrive mid to late August if Ratio's timelines are accurate. I'll be wearing this into October, it stays pretty mild in my part of the world.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013

6. sean anon

sean anon Senior member

Any thoughts on the fabric Ratio uses?

I bought two shirts and admittedly haven't worn them much because they are dressier than my everyday attire

One was a light blue twill that has worked out well. Not the best fabric but fine for the price and a nice looking shirt

The other was a pinpoint 80's windowpane. Stiff fabric that wrinkles like crazy and is hard to iron. I wouldn't expect luxurious fabric at the price point but this one was worse than expected

The fit was great on both ( I must be built close to their standard waist sizing drop) and I am considering another.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013

7. seer

seer Senior member

I like their standard oxford cloth shirts. Heavier than the pinpoint, but it wears and washes so well. I'm wearing the gray right now (I had it made with black buttons). I also have the Dennison plaid which is a medium weight poplin - again easy wearing, it doesn't wrinkle easily.

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I mainly only have experience with the oxford cloth. It's nice and has washed well for me on each shirt I own. Recently got my first non-oxford from Ratio. A seersucker gingham. Fabric seems nice enough, but I haven't had a chance to wash it yet.

9. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

It is good to see people posting here! :) thanks for keeping the Ratio thread alive.

10. aspasp

aspasp Senior member

wish they still had their purple mini gingham in stock, but my first shirt was solid from them. ordered another one recently, great customer service

11. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I just got my Monetary madras shirt in this morning from Ratio, sat in the Canada Customs wing of the Canada Post Gateway Sorting facility for a week, got dinged $23 in taxes. Aside from that which was out of Ratio's and my control, the shirt is fantastic, well made and I will be buying from them again in the future.

12. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

I wanted to try Ratio but not sure how much the tax/duties will be. Was it just HST that you have to pay?

13. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

The princely total of $23 with Ontario HST and the $5 handling fee.

14. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

If you can do the drive to the border, wear the shirt across :)
    Glad to see folks giving Ratio more due.
    My white OCBD is wearing beautifully and my new girlfriend (SOOOO HAPPY) took my small navy gingham with her on vacation.

15. dra

dra Senior member

Just wanted to add - I've received two orders with two more on the way. For the price point it's a no brainer. Their ratio slim fit is pretty spot on, and it's nice that guys with larger necks / longer arms can specify (as you give up one or the other in my experience with most OTR sizing in other brands, premium or otherwise). You can customize way more than is initially obvious as well. There is an advanced tab, and you can email for further options. Did a bit of research and I believe these are made in the same NC factory as brooks brothers MTM.

Anyway, give them a shot. Can't beat them for the price. Hoping they start adding some more interesting fabric choices soon (a pindot?).