Ratio Clothing Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by arnathor, May 21, 2013.

1. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Ratio Clothing Appreciation Thread

As a repeat customer of Ratio, I'd like to start a thread to show off the quality shirting this company produces. I encourage others to join.

2. seer

seer Senior member

They are very well made shirts. I purchased one last year but it was to narrow in the waist. That may be because I'm a little big around the waist but my Gitmans fit fine.

3. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Good to see someone else saw this! I'm thinking of sending in my first shirt I ordered to get the collar replaced. Eric said it is $25.00, so I'm thinking of ordering a 'Londoner' collar, I love the depth of customization they offer.

4. RatioClothing

RatioClothing Member

Thanks for posting! If we can be of any assistance, just let us know and we'll be happy to help out. We can definitely swap out that collar for you, if you're still interested.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013

5. seer

seer Senior member

I just order two more shirts. Eric has the absolute best customer service around!

6. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

which shirts dId you order?

7. mikej77

mikej77 Senior member

Extremely happy with my first Ratio shirt. I went for the light blue pinpoint as my test shirt and it turned out great. My tailor did a minor adjustment to the sleeve length (my measurement was off) but overall a very nice Made in the USA MTM shirt. I plan on ordering some more but just have not gotten around to it yet. Customer service could not have been any better.

8. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

I knew starting this thread would be a good idea. I was reading stories about lousy CS from SuitSupply and as appealing as the $79 cutaway shirts are, I keep finding myself wanting to come back to Ratio. My Ratio shirts haven't been in heavy rotation lately, but I know when I do wear them, I love them.

Knowing all the customizations and the fact a skilled American worker is getting a living wage makes me even happier.
    I'm thinking of asking Eric if I can have some shirting weight denim get turned into a Londoner shirt, that or the oxford cloth, which I encourage everyone who reads this to buy.

9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Recently ordered my 4th shirt with them. Great company that produces well made product here in the U.S.A.

10. blueplate

blueplate Member

Concur on all fronts. I was very happy with my Ratio oxford shirt & tremendously happy with the customer service. (They remade a shirt for me, even though it was my fault that I specified the shoulders too small...) Will definitely order from them again.

11. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post here, I know Eric appreciates it and I do to. I would love to see Ratio get a lot more buzz. I honestly really badly want to get some of the madras shirts!

12. seer

seer Senior member

I ordered the gray oxford with black buttons and the Dennison plaid (poplin). When I save more I'm going for the red selvedge chambray. I only buy American made clothing and all my shirts are from either Gitman or Bill's. Going forward I'm going to only buy from Ratio, if Eric and I figured out the sizing.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

13. arnathor

arnathor Senior member

You should look into getting your hands on fabric and I've been told by Eric that they will make you a shirt from that. For example, a local shop has very lightweight denim shirting material that I intend on having made into a cutaway and a button down. So definitely look into that.

Check out Etsy for fabric!

14. seer

seer Senior member

Really? I will certainly look into that! I have been looking for oxford cloth with a pattern.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

15. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I'm interested in ordering some shirts from Ratio (some OCDB and a couple of dress shirts) at some point. I do have a question, the pink OCBD, anyone buy that and is it as deep a shade of pink as it shows on the website?