• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate this suit (slovak taylor)

• Thread starter sdfas5342
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
S

sdfas5342

Two more pictures with a MTM shirt from venturini (cotton-linen) and a tie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camlot

Reaction score
Better.
As I said , a few alterations - I guess, Jungmann will not even write a bill - and your suit will look very, very fine. Although right now one can clearly note the suit's handmade pedigree at first sight.
When wearing a three-piece-suit, imho only the waist button should be closed, thus permitting to show more of the vest and the whole ensemble will look more "summerly" .

Servus, Camlot

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Skyler
It's a handsome suit and a superb fit. This is summer, more casual type garment. A little more room here and there looks wonderful.

This obsessive Saville-inspired notion that a suit should fit like a sculpted 14th century suit of armor is just not applicable here.

Very nicely done.

May I guess the suits worn by this gentleman here would be right up your alley then?
eh.gif

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
May I guess the suits worn by this gentleman here would be right up your alley then?
eh.gif

IMO, Spiffy's pictures are good examples of suits/clothes that doesn't fit while Mafoofan's Rubinacci jacket is a very good example of an counterproductive silhouette.

While Cluster's suit looks to be over sized due to his very slim figure, are there any way to boost his figure other than wearing 'slightly' oversized clothes?

Suits You Sir!

Reaction score
Okay, maybe a bit on the roomy side but it must be difficult being a pretty skinny guy. Very subjective of course but despite a little too much room, I think the outfit looks quite nice and fresh on the whole.

Conversely, I have to say I abhor your grotesque button-down style collar.

I don't think much of your Ikea chest of drawers either!

Camlot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Suits You Sir!
I don't think much of your Ikea chest of drawers either!

But you've recognized them.
smile.gif

A man of so high a level that he snores about - btw really nice - IKEA drawers would not have noticed them. Whether because he don't know such "shabby stuff" or because he is gentleman enough to ignore it. In a real gentleman both should meet.
cool.gif

Furthermore it's the suit, we should rate, not the furniture, isn't it?
smile.gif

Servus, Camlot

P.S.
We don't even know, whether these are his drawers.....
tounge.gif

Jawbreak

Reaction score
Ive actually had the opportunity of seeing the suit in person, and the man.... and it actually drapes and wears very nice, so maybe its the photo thats a little misleading.

I was actually surprised how well it looked..... lets remember this is a linen suit, for warm weather, therefore it should be #1 comfortable.... max you've got 2 thumbs up from me.

If anything I would wear it a few times, then go in for a tweaking of things YOU find not up to spec.

VIVE LA FRANCE

P.S. Ive got some Ikea furniture also, who cares....... 99.9% of people think my Rolf Benz couch is from Ikea and my Ikea end table from some overpaid italian designer.

John Ellis

Reaction score
It's not very good is it. Just look at the width of the sleeves at the cuff. I don't know about most people but when I try a suit on whether it's bespoke, MTM or off the peg it takes me about 30 seconds to decide whether it works or not. It's about the same amount of time it takes to decide whether or not you think a girl is attractive. To be absolutely brutally honest this would have taken about ten seconds.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think the suit looks pretty good, it just be a hair tighter.

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the last photo, the latissimus region (the underarm) of the arm holding the cameraphone, there seems to be a lot of fabric hanging there. I photo from the back would be nice.

But my first impression is that the jacket is too big and so are the pants. You are a skinny person and I think it would flatter the body better if it fit more closely.

Also, you do look a bit like a hitman. Make sure you take your throat lozenges before the next hit. You don't want to give away your location with a cough.

Jawbreak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonlegoman
Also, you do look a bit like a hitman. Make sure you take your throat lozenges before the next hit. You don't want to give away your location with a cough.

laugh.gif
, M. is going to love this comment....

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theteacher
laugh.gif
, M. is going to love this comment....

I just realized that that is not a bookshelf but the foldaway staircase to his hidden gun collection and other hitmen gadgets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads