• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate these glasses (poll)

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last pair make you look a bit slimmer in the face. The rest leave your cheeks looking a bit puffy. Is that an OPSM store? They all look the same.

whistler

Reaction score
Thank you for all the comments! Really appreciate it! Very nice people on this forum.
thumbs-up.gif
I really like #5 (Burr2) as well, but I don't think I'm brave enough to wear them. I've noticed Phat Guido sporting a similar pair and saw Alec Baldwin whip out a pair on 30 Rock recently. Voting tally has #1 (Burr1) the winner over #4 (Polo). Definitely a close race and I would like to get both of them. Might get #1 for a start then maybe #4 down the track. I also appreciate the suggestion to check out tortoise shell colour. I'll have a look at some before I make the final purchase.

Eagle

Reaction score
If you like the Tortoise shell look, why not consider a classic...Anglo-American's model #406? Of those referenced in the OP, I favor the Burberry #1.

whistler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Irond Will
Also, when your friend Ferris ditches school and tries to take your dad's sports car out for a spin, I recommend you stop him.

Ok, I'll pay that
tounge.gif

4PoloRalphLauren.jpg
alan-ruck-1.jpg
5Burberry2.jpg
tn-500_tonyhollyrd017583.jpg

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would deffinatley go with the first two. The others look a bit geeky with the large frames.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Get a new haircut, please.

I like the Polos but they're a little bit more "in your face" than the earlier ones.

southbound35

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whistler
Ok, I'll pay that
tounge.gif

4PoloRalphLauren.jpg
alan-ruck-1.jpg
5Burberry2.jpg
tn-500_tonyhollyrd017583.jpg

You do have a similar face shape to his. Being an actor, he likely pays a stylist to select such accessories. The left pic of him is similar to your #4 and the right pic is somewhere between your #4 and #5. I think it lends credence to those (including me) who ranked those two highest.

whistler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Get a new haircut, please.

Care to suggest an alternative style? I've had this haircut for the last 10 years!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I voted #1 but look at Persols instead. My new ones are great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads