• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate the Top Shoe Labels in Tiers

lpresq

Reaction score
In the spirit of Mr. Heards' recent tie tier post, it would be nice to develop a general listing of top shoe brands/labels. Hence, we should develop a general guideline with respect to both style and quality among the various brands of shoes i.e. Tier A: Lobb, G&G, etc.; Tier B: Santoni, Sutor, etc.; Tier C: Alden, Loake, etc. Anyone care to chime in??

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tier 1: what fits the best
Tier 2: everything else

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
Tier 1: what fits the best
Tier 2: everything else

Huh? A pair of proper fitting Cole Haan's or or J&M's would seem to meet your standards. I'm looking for a list that takes into account fit, style, and construction.

yo!

Reaction score
Tier 1: I have been on the board for 3/4 of a year and I have seen a post like this at least once a month.

Tier2: Only having 160 posts but still being sick of all of the "OMG! rank these {insert object} from best to worst!!!!LOLOL" threads.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
At the very top would be Tom Ford.
I must admit, I saw some Tom Ford shoes at Neiman's today and the waist was marvelous.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yo!
Tier 1: I have been on the board for 3/4 of a year and I have seen a post like this at least once a month.

Tier2: Everything else.

Apparently, this is going nowhere. Where is the "Shoe Fairy" or the "Shoe"when you need them?

yo!

Reaction score
Try the search.

I know that there is an Ask Andy that has a shoe hierarchy which is referred to commonly.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
I must admit, I saw Tom Ford's waist while ********** with him and it was marvelous.

I can't disagree there. top notch

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah it should show Tom Ford Mainline #1, Tom by Tom Ford #2, and Black Tom by TF aka Tom Ford #3. other than that it is spot on

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
yeah it should show Tom Ford Mainline #1, Tom by Tom Ford #2, and Black Tom by TF aka Tom Ford #3. other than that it is spot on

Where does his Trad line, racist term for black people, fit?

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
Where does his Trad line, racist term for black people, fit?

It doesn't, never will, and everyone secretly knows it.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Here is a list of some of the more well known RTW Shoemakers broken down into Tiers according to quality based on my limited knowledge:

Tier 1:
John Lobb, Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, Vass, Kiton, St. Crispins, Corthay, Santoni(fatte a mano)

Tier 2:
C&J, Church's, Weston, Berluti, Ferragamo(Tramezza's), Sutor Mantellassi, A. Testoni, Santoni(regular)

Tier 3:
Alden, AE's, Romano Martegani, Bruno Magli, Ferragamo(regular line), Peal(Brooks Bros), Tricker's

any suggestions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads