• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rate the Top Shoe Labels in Tiers

lpresq

Reaction score
In the spirit of Mr. Heards' recent tie tier post, it would be nice to develop a general listing of top shoe brands/labels. Hence, we should develop a general guideline with respect to both style and quality among the various brands of shoes i.e. Tier A: Lobb, G&G, etc.; Tier B: Santoni, Sutor, etc.; Tier C: Alden, Loake, etc. Anyone care to chime in??

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tier 1: what fits the best
Tier 2: everything else

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
Tier 1: what fits the best
Tier 2: everything else

Huh? A pair of proper fitting Cole Haan's or or J&M's would seem to meet your standards. I'm looking for a list that takes into account fit, style, and construction.

yo!

Reaction score
Tier 1: I have been on the board for 3/4 of a year and I have seen a post like this at least once a month.

Tier2: Only having 160 posts but still being sick of all of the "OMG! rank these {insert object} from best to worst!!!!LOLOL" threads.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
At the very top would be Tom Ford.
I must admit, I saw some Tom Ford shoes at Neiman's today and the waist was marvelous.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yo!
Tier 1: I have been on the board for 3/4 of a year and I have seen a post like this at least once a month.

Tier2: Everything else.

Apparently, this is going nowhere. Where is the "Shoe Fairy" or the "Shoe"when you need them?

yo!

Reaction score
Try the search.

I know that there is an Ask Andy that has a shoe hierarchy which is referred to commonly.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
I must admit, I saw Tom Ford's waist while having sex with him and it was marvelous.

I can't disagree there. top notch

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah it should show Tom Ford Mainline #1, Tom by Tom Ford #2, and Black Tom by TF aka Tom Ford #3. other than that it is spot on

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
yeah it should show Tom Ford Mainline #1, Tom by Tom Ford #2, and Black Tom by TF aka Tom Ford #3. other than that it is spot on

Where does his Trad line, Uncle Tom, fit?

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
Where does his Trad line, Uncle Tom, fit?

It doesn't, never will, and everyone secretly knows it.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Here is a list of some of the more well known RTW Shoemakers broken down into Tiers according to quality based on my limited knowledge:

Tier 1:
John Lobb, Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling, Vass, Kiton, St. Crispins, Corthay, Santoni(fatte a mano)

Tier 2:
C&J, Church's, Weston, Berluti, Ferragamo(Tramezza's), Sutor Mantellassi, A. Testoni, Santoni(regular)

Tier 3:
Alden, AE's, Romano Martegani, Bruno Magli, Ferragamo(regular line), Peal(Brooks Bros), Tricker's

any suggestions?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 131 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 248 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.7%