• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rate the Jermyn Street Shirtmakers

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First, I will acknowledge that there are allready some prominent threads on this topic on other sites.
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?51453-Rate-the-Jermyn-Street-Shirtmakers
http://thelondonlounge.net/gl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5663

However, both of those threads are old (from 2006) and I'm wondering:
As of 2012, how would you rate the Jermyn Street shirtmakers.

Personally, I don't own anything from any of the brands, so I'll abstain from making a comment. Though I did order
some Harvie and Hudson shirts recently, but haven't gotten them yet.

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take a 36" sleeve so finding shirts that fit me on Jermyn street is (surprisingly) difficult.

From the lower end, TM Lewin is good for the price you pay. Thomas Pink is not so good (overpriced, fabrics not so brilliant, although I like the styling)

I've recently tried Hilditch and Key (paying extra for sleeve lengthening) which I like a lot. The fabrics are nice as is the slim fit, pearl buttons are a nice bonus. Selection in slim fit is a bit limited.

I tried on some Harvie & Hudson shirts which seemed very good value, but only one collar shape and cuff style in slim fit so didn't purchase. May go back for some staples

I also like the shirts in Emmett, nice designs, collars and details such as pearl buttons but alas the sleeves are just a hair short.

gegarrenton

Reaction score
I use Turnbull for my shirts (off Jermyn). H&H are pretty good too. Others seem overpriced for what you get.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.