• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rate the Formula 1 Team bosses

Gherkins

Reaction score
I found quite an interesting picture of some of the wealthiest and in any case most influential motorsport managers around. Especially the differences between the big heads und their subs are telling ...

Back row, from left: Nick Fry (Honda / Brawn GP) - a bit bland, I think. Alex Burns (Williams F1) - not visible. Vijay Mallya (Force India) - brown and red goes well with his tan. I absolutely like his looks. Christian Horner (Red Bull) - no tie, very juvenile, but seems to wear a nice fitting suit. Mario Theissen (BMW) - also no tie, also nice shoulder. Tadashi Yamashina (Toyota F1) - can't say too much, but don't like his tie knot. John Howett (Toyota) - nice tie, nice suit fabric ... I dig it.

Front row (from left). Now it is getting interesting: Martin Whitmarsh (McLaren) - wtf??? Flavio Briatore (Renault) - as italian as it gets. But he pulls it off. I am impressed. Ron Dennis (McLaren) - that's the difference I am talking about. I would bet ****** on Savile Row. Classic british looks I really like. I think he should train Martin Whitmarsh in regards of style. Luca di Montezemolo (Ferrari): peak lapels.Pocket square. Now - why doesn't he get his hands out of his pockets? But great looks anyway. Stefano Domenicali (Ferrari): Ferrari has the same problems as McLaren. Also stylewise ... his boss looks great, Domenicali has much room for improvement. Does he call this jacket fitting? Does he really like his tie's knot? I don't know if he or Martin Whitmarsh is the greater disappointment. Franz Tost (Toro Rosso): Uh. T-Shirt underneath the shirt. Bad.

All in all the big guns (Briatore, Dennis, Monetezemolo) look best. Probably no coincidence.

Hi res picture: http://www.teamsassociation.org/site...0305_hires.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gherkins
Vijay Mallya (Force India) - brown and red goes well with his tan.

eh.gif

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I doubt Ron Dennis is wearing SR, looks more like Hugo Boss to me.

Treen

Reaction score
The only person who looks like he belongs there is Flavio. The rest of them look like accountants...

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Montezemolo easily the best.

The rest are underwhelming. Well, no, Briatore is OK. But I'm so influenced by seeing pics of him wearing that horrid Billionaire Couture stuff that my perception of him is seriously skewed.

galway

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Montezemolo easily the best.

True, but I hate his tie length. It makes him look even shorter than he his, IMO. He makes up for it with his PS fold, though.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gherkins
Vijay Mallya (Force India) - brown and red goes well with his tan.

Oh man that is one of the funniest things ever...................

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flavio's got quite a lifestyle, no matter what he looks like

the new wife:
Cannes+2008+Chopard+Trophy+Awards+Party+Arrivals+JKjebdz_n4ml.jpg

the new wife again
Flavio+Briatore+Elisabetta+Gregoraci+Vacation+mUirAlP0CJZl.jpg

Flavio+Briatore+Elisabetta+Gregoraci+Vacation+1AVkxPjBFaSl.jpg

Flavio+Briatore+Elisabetta+Gregoraci+Vacation+fVBOCKKWBbnl.jpg

card_richelieu

Reaction score
You gotta love Flav - the sh*t he says at times at times is hilarious. Ron looks awful - but he's got an office job now so i guess it's fitting..

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Montezemolo by a MILE, always looks sharp.

Pfff... the only one wearing a PS. Not even a contest.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
WTF?? how does old dude get that girl!!
devil.gif

"In the late 1990s, Briatore gained notoriety among European tabloids for his romantic relationships with supermodels such as Naomi Campbell, Adriana Volpe, and Heidi Klum. Klum gave birth to Briatore's only child, a daughter named Helene "Leni" Klum, on 4 May 2004. According to Klum, Briatore is not involved in the child's life.[11] Briatore married the 28-year-old 'Wonderbra' model Elisabetta Gregoraci, on June 14 2008. The driver of the bridal car was Fernando Alonso. After the ceremony, Alonso drove the newlyweds to the reception at the Castello di Torcrescenza."

his background

of course, she's no angel:

"Gregoraci gained notoriety when it came to light that she had offered sexual favours in return for a job as a showgirl for the Italian national public television company RAI.[1][2][3] She also allegedly had a sexual affair with the spokesman of Minister for Foreign Affairs and Berlusconi's Deputy Prime Minister Gianfranco Fini. She was fired from RAI and hired by the Italian First Minister Silvio Berlusconi, acting as a hostess in the show Buona Domenica. She is married to Italian Formula One manager Flavio Briatore."

Gherkins

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrCool1978
Oh man that is one of the funniest things ever...................

Yeah, I know. English is not my native language. Funny.
Complexion. Less funny?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads