• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rate the fit of this new Spencer Hart...

Reaction score
Picked this up at Liberty in London, a steal but had to take a 34 rather than a 36 (the guy said it could be altered-i think he just wanted a sale), feels a little tight on the shoulder, do I take it back, try and have it alterered or just live with it - it's for my wedding! Sorry about the crap quality pics!

whiteslashasian

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anything I think the shoulders look a smidge too large. Not bad though.

The sleeves look like they're a bit full and the jacket could use a little more waist suppression.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell when your arm is up ruining the drape of the cloth.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that's a 34 then I expect a 36 would've been too big...it certainly doesn't look like it needs letting out at all, just shorten the sleeves and it will look fine.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not too bad...

The 36 would have been too big on you...

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty close to a proper fit.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoulders might be a tad big but not too far off, the sleeves look okay but it's hard to tell without a nice shirt underneath to gauge them with.

Reaction score
Thanks chaps, sorry about the lack of shirt, I showed it the missus last night and she forbade me to take it back absolutely! I will get the sleeves shortened a little to show a bit of shirt cuff as advised! Next question, would it be crazy to suggest a dress shirt / bow tie combo? I've seen it being done around town for weddings/parties etc.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bronzemedallist
Thanks chaps, sorry about the lack of shirt, I showed it the missus last night and she forbade me to take it back absolutely! I will get the sleeves shortened a little to show a bit of shirt cuff as advised! Next question, would it be crazy to suggest a dress shirt / bow tie combo? I've seen it being done around town for weddings/parties etc.

What did it set you back? Are they still on clearance?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks really good. consider getting the arms narrowed...
i believe these are from the 'hart' range- they are very fitted, i would beware of having the waist suppressed any more (its hard to tell from the photos). are they still on sale at liberty?

bbhewee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
What did it set you back? Are they still on clearance?

I'd like to know as well... Last time I went, it looked like they were done with it.

Suit looks good though. Only the sleeves per previous comments.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
I'd like to know as well... Last time I went, it looked like they were done with it.

Suit looks good though. Only the sleeves per previous comments.

I'll pop down there at lunchtime and check.

Reaction score
From what I gleaned from the Liberty blog SH relocated there last summer whilst their Savile Row shop was being refitted. I'm not sure if it's 'Hart' or Spencer Hart, It does have a black label inside with Spencer Hart embroidered. They have fitted out a corner of the basement to reflect their shop on the row but its looking tired and the stock is mixed, my assumption is that they are just trying to get rid of all the stuff, I think all the suits were 495 down from 1200 (apparently although the shop guy may have just been trying to make a sale) - seems too good to be true! There was alot of black and several with more 'progressive' details like shawl lapels and strange button up to the neck jobs!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.