Rate My New Jeans, Be Kind, From 1-10...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TalkBack42Clicks, Jul 17, 2006.

1. TalkBack42Clicks

TalkBack42Clicks Well-Known Member

Right, On a scale of 1-10, what do you say???... Would you have the balls to wear these, or wouldn't you be seen dead in them. Vintage, distressed Levi's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

Only if you're gay or under 18. [​IMG]

I kind of like Marilyn though.

3. UMass

UMass Senior member

I think they are great if you are in a band or gay.

4. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

No way man, those are fucking awesome 24/7... well, wait, I should ask a question first: it looks like spray paint stencils and sharpie... did you do it yourself, or buy it somewhere? It looks awesome and I can think of a thousand different ways to wear it, but you'll only be able to pull it off if you're the kind of person who would do that yourself.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

If you bought them that way, factory new, lame. If it's a DIY job, I applaud it (some of that stencilling looks like a lot of work), but I still wouldn't wear them. It's got nothing to do with the size of my balls. I just think that the French sayings blurb, and especially the "Bitch" and "Superstar" are a little juvenile, and the deliberate rips, well, let's just say that all that stuff is something a 16 year old would think is shocking. Reminds me of the graffiti I saw in an underpass yesterday. Someone had drawn the Anarchism symbol, and written underneath it: "Do you know what this symbol means? If not, look it up." Someone else had written "Save your hood, kill a yuppie." Yeah, all very profound stuff.

6. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

A bit busy... It makes me think of cars with one too many bumper sticker.

7. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give them a 2. The illustrations aren't so bad but the rips look fussy-fake. I'm also not keen on the ultra-light color.

I don't see what having balls has to do with it.

I would wear them if you paid me $100 a day, at least until I paid off the damages from xcoldricex's trip.

8. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

To sum up, they are perfect if you did it yourself, you are under 18, and in a gay band-------under these conditions, a 10 rating!!!

9. giantreptile

giantreptile Active Member

this must be some kind of joke. noentheless, a 0.5 out of 10. too new-kids-on-the-block-ish.

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Are you in the Sex Pistols? Are you ugly? Are you headed for an early death? Have you used heroin/cocaine over 100 times in your life? Do you personally know the person in my avatar? Are you horrible at playing your instruments, yet sell your diy shows out? If you answered yes to three or more of these questions, then you are allowed the right to wear these pants.

11. LA Guy

On a scale of 1-10, I'd give them a 2. The illustrations aren't so bad but the rips look fussy-fake. I'm also not keen on the ultra-light color.

I don't see what having balls has to do with it.

I would wear them if you paid me $100 a day, at least until I paid off the damages from xcoldricex's trip.

I would wear them for $100 a day too, for about a month, maybe a little longer. That would replenish my slush fund a little (it has taken a beating recently with expenses both foreseen an unforseen) and allow me to pick up pair of 5EP low bootcuts (dry is what I really want), and maybe a new laptop for the wife.

12. tangerine

tangerine Senior member

^ Hmm. It would probably be unwise of me to get in a bidding war with one of the admins. OK, Fok, they're yours. [​IMG]

13. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Senior member

If you bought them that way, factory new, lame. If it's a DIY job, I applaud it (some of that stencilling looks like a lot of work), but I still wouldn't wear them. It's got nothing to do with the size of my balls. I just think that the French sayings blurb, and especially the "Bitch" and "Superstar" are a little juvenile, and the deliberate rips, well, let's just say that all that stuff is something a 16 year old would think is shocking. Reminds me of the graffiti I saw in an underpass yesterday. Someone had drawn the Anarchism symbol, and written underneath it: "Do you know what this symbol means? If not, look it up." Someone else had written "Save your hood, kill a yuppie." Yeah, all very profound stuff.

Finally someone stopped to see my graffiti work.

14. LA Guy

Finally someone stopped to see my graffiti work.

Seriously? That would be hysterical. Um, gotta work on your skills though, seriously. Don't try that in LA until you up your game a bit.

15. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

-18. Laughable on a young person and pathetic on anyone else.